TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the parts to finally do my PI intake swap. While I'm at it, I want to change my injectors out, too (#24's)

I'm either going to sell my setup (all OEM ford goodness with 96-correct intake tube) or install it.

I need help installing the sum*****. And I can't find the install article.

Can someone please re-link me to the PI intake swap article?

Thanks,
Ghost in SoCal

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
there is no one complete install article for all mn12s, but chris_murder wrote a good thread on most of the stuff you need to know

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=113697

oh and leave your stock injectors on if you cant afford an Xcal2 with the proper tune

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
X2 On that Guitar . And also make sure to refill the engine with coolant the FORD Way ! So that there is know air pockets

It is critical that you carefully follow Ford's procedures for draining and refiling the cooling system or the air pockets may occur.

Ford engines are suscptible to getting air bubbles or super heated air pockets in the coolin system. When these super heated air pockets occur they can expert tremendous stresses on the heads, headbolts and gaskets both physically and thermally and can cause damage to the Gaskets. These super heated air pockets don't always show up as a reading on you temperature gauge.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I did it in an afternoon. I followed step by step instructions off this mustang site

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't wanna do it without someone else with some experience there with me to do it.

I should mention that I _do_ have a tune (87 octane and 91 octane from SCT on an XCAL II [non-backlit version]).

If it won't help I guess I can leave the stock injectors as they are...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thats understandable, I had nothing to lose when I did mine because my old intake was already cracked so it wasnt driveable anyways. I was gonna do a write up and everything and took a few pictures on it but I just wanted to get it done and not have to bum rides or walk to work anymore

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
or you could of just asked for the link

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Idk I googled it.

Did you remove your plugs and plugwires when you did yours? I really don't want to mix up the damn plugwires cos there are so many to keep track of and that damn crisscross they do.

And then there's the fact that they run under the effing alternator. Ugh.

How should I depressurize the fuel system so I can pull the fuel injectors off without spraying gas everywhere?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I changed my wires at the same time but removing them is a requirement. I rerouted mine above the alternator and covered the wires in the same stuff that protects it from the alternator. They arent routed the same way but it works and its neat. If you let it sit overnight, there shouldnt be much fuel pressure, but theres a schrader valve on the fuel rail that you can press down and relieve the pressure, like on a tire.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Idk I googled it.

Did you remove your plugs and plugwires when you did yours? I really don't want to mix up the damn plugwires cos there are so many to keep track of and that damn crisscross they do.

And then there's the fact that they run under the effing alternator. Ugh.

How should I depressurize the fuel system so I can pull the fuel injectors off without spraying gas everywhere?
Dude, step two in that guide you posted tells you to. The wires should be removed, the plugs should be fine but if you want to replace them now is the time to do so. Read my article and that article, with the amount of knowledge on this you have prepare for your car to be down for 2 days minimum incase anything should go wrong upon restart (coolant leak, vacumm leak, engine light, sputtering, etc). Be sure you have another car to get you to the parts store if you break anything. Take your time, read my article, read their article, call me if you need help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts