TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished with a PI Head and Intake Swap. The new Intakes only have 1 hole, but our cars have 2 sensors for temp. 1 for the EEC and 1 for the dash. You can't te them because it will send bad info to both the EEC and the dash. The solutions so far have been to tap the new intake or tap into the heater line. Here is how I fixed it without tapping into anything.

I had a new intake installed under warranty about a year and a half ago. It had the updated aluminum crossover.

When i did the swap I took this off the old intake and put it on the new PI intake. Both sensors went in and I did not have to tap anything or lose any sensors. It fits right on and fits perfect.

If someone else already put this in I missed it, there are a ton of PI intake threads.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yep, thats a good way to do it.

Honestly though, I dont see why everyone is making a big deal out of this. Just take it to your local machine shop and pay $25 and you have a hole drilled + tapped.

-Andrey

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Good info lobo, people weren't sure if you could use the NPI crossover or not.

$25? I paid $12 and a stanger mentioned $7.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just tapped mine into the top of the T-stat housing. Works fine. I had an older PI intake. One w/o the aluminum crossover.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
How hard is it to get the crossover off? Just curious
-Rob

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
GreenBird said:
Good info lobo, people weren't sure if you could use the NPI crossover or not.

$25? I paid $12 and a stanger mentioned $7.
just ran around town to get prices, and the lowest was 42 freakin dollars!! i hate people sometimes......i'm just gonna use the NPI crossover now that i know it works.....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yeah i just had mine tapped at the local store because I didn't have the right sized tap. No biggie and I didn't have a aluminum crossover to swap.

Good to know it works for those.

17Mark71, I'm gonna crush your numbers in less than a month. Hopefully. :D

You should be higher, something has to be up with your car. Tbirds/Cougars with just aftermarket exhaust and a new MAF are pulling close to [email protected]

-Chris

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
chrisnack said:
Yeah i just had mine tapped at the local store because I didn't have the right sized tap. No biggie and I didn't have a aluminum crossover to swap.

Good to know it works for those.

17Mark71, I'm gonna crush your numbers in less than a month. Hopefully. :D

You should be higher, something has to be up with your car. Tbirds/Cougars with just aftermarket exhaust and a new MAF are pulling close to [email protected]

-Chris
i'm keeping your Tbird in my sights too.....:) not gonna be too far behind

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
guitar maestro said:

i'm keeping your Tbird in my sights too.....:) not gonna be too far behind
Yeah.. I've got a few over you though.

We'll see whos money holds up better. :D And if i get to do everything to the car that I want to do this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.