TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's a lot of pics. I never have the patience to get cleaned up enough to use my camera when I'm working on things. They will be very helpful if I ever get around to doing the swap to mine. Did you notice that much of a performance increase over stock?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres some key pics i left out like knocking out the nipple and showing the RTV. I got oil all over my camera but i don't care, my camera is **** anyways. lol.

Well whatever can help you guys, you all helped me with my questions, hopefully this can answer some of yours.

Performance Gains... I noticed it picks up a bit better and sounds a lot smoother. My old gaskets were messed up though so that might have had something to do with it. My next mod is 3.73 gears. I already have the speedo gear on order. And i got instructions from ford racing. my car came with 3.27 gears.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thanks for posting that up. Good luck on the gear swap; that's a lot of fun! That's my next upgrade as well.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
You should just post the pics on a publicly viewable picture hosting site as not everyone has/uses Facebook :)
I don't have a Facebook account, but I could view all the pics with the link.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Thanks for the pics, OP. I'm hopefully going to swap in a PI intake manifold sometime this summer. Pictures are always helpful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics, OP. I'm hopefully going to swap in a PI intake manifold sometime this summer. Pictures are always helpful.
The nipple and heater hose were a little difficult to get off. What I did to remove the nipple was put a 15mm Deep impact socket on it, and put penetrating oil on it the night before i stopped working on it. In the morning i sprayed it a little more and then started tapping it to get the feel of where i had to aim, but as i was tapping it it started to move, One good wack after that and it came out no problems.

The heater hose was a pain in the ass too. easiest way to do this is to remove the DPFE sensor and bracket, then get a 13 mm ratcheting wrench and remove the two bolts holding the heater hose in. Then its smooth sailing after that.

I should have got a video or pics of it but i was so into the work that after i was done im like "****, i should have got pics of that still"
lol

Well i hope they help.

--Kyle

·
Registered
43 Posts
I want to do the PI swap on my 94 Tbird. I was just wondering where you get a PI intake? Like what cars had the PI on them that I can order for my tbird

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah the wire extension will be no problem, so every 96 style tbird intake is PI?
no. As a matter of fact, none are. You want an 01+ Crown Vic, grand marquis, mustang intake. Get one with the aluminum crossover unless you really enjoy spending money and doing work twice. You need that and a lot of 96+ top end parts, fuel lines.
Mustang is 99+ but 01+ is your best bet for the aluminum crossover

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh ok, im definetly gonna do this swap out than. Everything will bolt up and work with non PI heads and using the 96 Tbird throttle body and intake tubing? or should i get a 96 mustang GT Plenum and throttle body?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oh ok, im definetly gonna do this swap out than. Everything will bolt up and work with non PI heads and using the 96 Tbird throttle body and intake tubing? or should i get a 96 mustang GT Plenum and throttle body?
theyre the same. Better to get a bird one, i think the mustang one is missing a vac port. I may have most of the top end stuff you need ill check and make sure its good parts first though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok thank you, I dont have the cash right now unfortunatly to buy it though, im getting tint done tomorrow, gotta have tint on your car with the arizona heat, rots your interior real quick too.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Ok thank you, I dont have the cash right now unfortunatly to buy it though, im getting tint done tomorrow, gotta have tint on your car with the arizona heat, rots your interior real quick too.
yeah it damn well does its mandatory out here. When I see a car without tint its really an odd sight here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
oh yeah it definetly is, thats where im at right now with summer coming up, no tint is crazy, anything in the interior is too hot to touch to drive the car when you first get in it haha. Plus it looks really good compared to clear windows.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
oh yeah it definetly is, thats where im at right now with summer coming up, no tint is crazy, anything in the interior is too hot to touch to drive the car when you first get in it haha. Plus it looks really good compared to clear windows.
Im in jersey and sometimes the heat in my car is too hot to even drive with. I used to routinely bring a rag full of ice to wipe my car down in the summer. Kept it nice and clean lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
haha yep its pretty bad with no tint thats why i finally decided to just put the money into it, cant go another summer without it haha.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.