TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am during the pi intake swap this weekend does anybody have any extra info about it,/........like about where to add the RTV and any other snags that they had......I hope to get alot of comments on this..please...THANKS...I got my parts from dan Newman and like always great service and he got it right the first time!!!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
rtv goes on the valley side of the intake ports. dont be afraid to put a lot on there, its better to have to much than to little,u dont want any air leaks. another tip, get a brass hammer to bang out the old waterpump nipple. a regular hammer will cause the top to mushroom and you wont be able to get it out. also when you install the new pi coolant line in the valley it will exit the valley at the rear of the driverside head where as the stock line exited the valley at the rear of the passenger side head. so you will need to find a way to connect the heater core hose to the new hardline. i used a 90* elbow,some 5/16 heater hose, and hoseclamps to do it. ran it behind the mainfold and its worked fine,its been on their since march with no issues.

other than that its pretty straigforward. remove the old manifold, replace the stock coolant line with the pi stuff, bolt on the new manifold. any other specific questions just ask, i've done 2 pi intake swaps so i should be able to answer almost anything u got.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts

that help? :D

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update...car still apart.......:-(...........what size drill bit does it take to drill the sensor on the intake??...............and what tap size??..............this are not going to bad though.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
a 9/16 or 37/64 drill bit and a 3/8 NPT tap.
If you use the 9/16 drill bit, go really really slow and use a lot of cutting oil with the tap.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
if you have the updated non pi intake with aluminum crossover you can save some time and just swap the crossover to the pi intake. thats what i did.

Frank

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW, I finally got it done..........no problems not really...just some tough bolts and the npi nipple was a pain...but all went great...did it by myself...it took me 4 hours on sat and 4 hours on sunday ...car runs like a dream now..........the firing order was wrong...my car was missing a bit for along time..and I found out why...the chiltons is wrong....but I did it on my own this time and it runs great....lost alittle power on the bottom end but it comes back hard around 3500 or so........DO I have to adjust the computer at all now??

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have pictures of my swap if anyone needs them.....PM me and I will send them to you.......it is not something that I want to do everyday but it was needed real bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts