TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want a quick confirmation as to which years work. I have read '01 and up. I found a guy trying to sell a '00 "PI intake." Would this work or no?

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. and I know why that is "udesirable" but not a deal killer...

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. I thought people avoided them because of the cracking I didn't hear anything about not being able to tap it for second sensor. Anyone know the answer?

Sam

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i'm pretty sure the plastic itself cannot be tapped for the sensor....if i remember correctly, on my old all-plastic NPI intake that cracked, there are metal inserts in the plastic, that are threaded and that is where the sensors go...can anyone confirm?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
you can not drill and tap an all plastic pi intake for the second temp sensor. i've heard of people drilling it into the tstat housing or relocating it to the side of the engine block somewhere.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
out of curiousity.. no way to remove just the plastic crossover part and .. acquire the aluminum piece later?

·
Registered
51 Posts
slayer said:
Thank you. and I know why that is "udesirable" but not a deal killer...

Sam
It should be a deal killer.

·
Registered
615 Posts
you can swap crossover from npi to pi.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. i don't have an aluminum one on mine yet. are you SURE I can take the plastic crossover off the npi and put it on the pi intake?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
you can not drill and tap an all plastic pi intake for the second temp sensor. i've heard of people drilling it into the tstat housing or relocating it to the side of the engine block somewhere.

Frank
I have also heard they cannot be drilled and tapped. Most people have been using a brass plumbing Tee to install both sensors.

This thread shows the fitting with 1 sensor and a hose fitting, but if yours has the heater core nipple in the back you could use it for both sensors. The 02 explorer intake in the pic does not, that is why he has the heater hose in front.

hope this helps
rob

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
jamesD said:
out of curiousity.. no way to remove just the plastic crossover part and .. acquire the aluminum piece later?
there is nothing to remove. it is one piece.

frank was talking about moving the aluminum crossover from an NPI to a PI intake, so he didn't have to have the one that came with the PI tapped ($$$)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts