TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.
I bought a new intake off of ebay about a month ago and when i brought it in to have someone install it they said that when they tried to put it in it wouldn't fit.Said the valley on the engine wasn't deep enough to accomodate the intake.the part number stamped on the manifold is 1W7E-9424-AB and it also has the number M9424P46 stamped on it.when i bought it it said it was a mustang PI intake.anyone know what year mustang this is for.I know i already got totally screw,i just wanna know what year car it goes on so i can at least try to sell it and get some of my money back for it.
thanx alot in advance for any help i get.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
That's why you also have to buy the PI coolant tube and nipple, so that the line doesn't interfere with the runners of the intake. It fits, I've got one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did buy all that and gave that to them as well.they said the intake was about 2 inches to tall(or the valeey was 2 inches too shallow,whichever makes it clearer).Either way its too late to do anything about it now.i just wanna find out what year mustang it came off of so i can resell it on ebay.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the hardline was an issue w/ me as well.. i just grabbed some heater hose..

you can try and sell it as a PI intake here or on modulardepot.. or on ebay.. would be from 99-04 depending on whether or not it has the alum x-over or not (01+ does, most 99-mid 01 don't)

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
M9424P46 is the FRPP PI intake manifold! It is the 01 - current PI intake. It should have fit as that is exactly what is on my car. It was likely some incompetent idiots that couldn't put it on for you!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
TGJ said:
M9424P46 is the FRPP PI intake manifold! It is the 01 - current PI intake. It should have fit It was likely some incompetent idiots that couldn't put it on for you!
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
What do ya want to bet that they couldnt figure out the bit about how the old nipple has to be hammered out, and that the new tube bolts to the drivers side head instead of the passenger side like the stock one?

Eddie And Those Amazing Nipples.

PI coolant tube

PI Intake resting in place.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
What I think happened is that these idiots took the old manifold off and saw that the new one is going to sit deeper and said "Won't fit the valley is to short!" instead of actually trying to fit the PI manifold and realizing that it will fit!

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
They had no idea what the coolant line you gave them was for, and just tried to set the intake down into it. You know, the intake swap is really easy, and you probably could do it yourself in a couple hours in the driveway with a common socket set. I do everything myself, to make sure it's done right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts