TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about doing a PI intake swap. I still have the plastic crossover one and I figured if im going to take the trouble of changing it, Id do something to better it. First off, where can I get an adapter plate, or will that make it rise up too high and have clearance issues with the hood? Also, what other modifications do I have to do? What are the performance gains in doing this?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Forget the adapter plates, just use PI gaskets and a little RTV around the coolant ports. There are tons of posts on it, but I used the PI gaskets, you need a new nipple that goes behind the water pump, a new PI coolant tube, and depending on if you have SATC some way to put the coolant temp sender back in the coolant line (or deal with the fan coming on before the water temp is 100 degrees), alternator bracket, that is about it. I felt a good power pickup in the upper rpm range, MAYBE a little loss down low, and as soon as you can feel the kick it provides, my car shifts so I would need a new torque converter and my shift points/rev limiter raised to actually get anything out of it.

·
Super Moderator
12,233 Posts
a PI intake just using PI gaskets underneath will not reduce clearance what so ever....the plenum will sit at the same height as before

wow....three '97 4.6 Cougar Sports in the same thread ...hehe.....you're out of place, sleeper bird :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.