TCCoA Forums banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok i got a question as far as a PI swap ... i found a 04 mustang that a cop totaled the motor, seems fine from what i can see. BUT before i go ahead and shell out the $ for the motor i want to make sure that im improving my tbird and not just dumping the same motor in it thanks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ok i got a question as far as a PI swap ... i found a 04 mustang that a cop totaled the motor, seems fine from what i can see. BUT before i go ahead and shell out the $ for the motor i want to make sure that im improving my tbird and not just dumping the same motor in it thanks
if its an 04 then its an improvement. You wont see much without a tune though. I just swapped an 03 CV into my bird. Very easy and straight forward swap. If it really is an 04 then its a PI. You could even take the intake and heads and get a good improvement because PI heads on an NPI block yields more compression than just a PI or just an NPI. Whats the mileage?

·
Registered
22 Posts
ironically my tbird has 76k on the speedo, and this mustang that would be the doner is a former cop car with 77k on the speedo. thing is the bone yard wants 1500 for the entire motor so im not sure since im new to modular motors with the old pushrod 5.0s i could tune them fairly well but its time to start learning something new for me and before i get asked whats a mustang doing as a cop car ... here in hawaii cops drive their own personal vheicles they have special clips put on the body to attach a bar with the blue bubble .. makes it harder to see them unless you got trained eyes

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks guys i forgot the idleing issue and they do it alot here being the cops use their personal vheicles with a special clip to hold the blue bubble on i had to pull out a coupple toggle switches that had blue leds being they were throwing my eyes off throwing my cop warning light off at night lol

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,140 Posts
He's banned, so I think you'll have to find pictures elsewhere.

Joe

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,278 Posts
The pics weren't all that informative anyway. Mostly just bare engine shots, pictures of it being excessively painted, and it in the car IIRC.

The motor swap isn't really MN12 specific either, you could find in progress engine swap pics from people doing PI swaps to their 96-98 Mustangs. They usually do everything we have to do in regards to the timing cover and such.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.