TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I did a search and from what I can tell I can get a PI intake manifold and bolt in onto my NPI 97 heads. I'll need intake gaskets and sealant and some hoses and adapters for rerouting the coolant hardline. All parts from the stock manifold will swap over to the PI manifold.

Am I right? If not please correct me...I won't be doing this right away but I do plan on doing it. Sometime afterwards, I may add a set of PI heads and cams.

When I do the heads and cams...would I need a chip or no? I do plan on one of those in the future also, but right now with school and a crappy job, it's gotta wait.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yup your right. the intake swap is easy stuff too. i've done two already. only takes a few hours.

Frank

·
Registered
178 Posts
Will a PI intake fit on a non PI head like '94'95 cougar?? I bought an extra set of heads that came off a '97 Mustang GT and I'm going to have an angle job and port and polish and whatever else is needed. I'll add some Comp Cams camshafts and springs and some SS valves if I can find any. But, I want the PI intake. Would I get same or close to performance w/ the '96-98 intakes?

Clay

·
Registered
178 Posts
No the intake won't fit my '97 heads or no the intake non PI won't flow as good as PI? I saw something about an adapter needed for PI to non PI (I assume NPI is non PI).

What will a PI intake fit other than 99+ heads?? Will they fit my '95 heads and the '97 heads I just bought or will they just fit '97 or not fit either? I have tried searching for about 1.5 hours and haven't found what I need. I found some info but different articles confused me.

Clay

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
they will fit your 95 and 97 heads. the ports arent the same though so you will need to use rtv around the intake ports on the gasket. do a search for pi intake swap and go to modulardepot.com and search for pi intake swap. you will find plenty of info on this. i have a pi intake on my 97 non pi heads and it works awesome. much better flow than the non pi intake. with the non pi my car would start wheezng out at about 5000 rpms and the shift point was at 5500 so for the last 500 rpms it wasnt doing anything. now with the pi intake my car pulls much harder above 3000 rpms and continues pulling all the way to the shift.

Frank

·
Registered
178 Posts
My car pulls pretty good all the way to a 5400 shift point but I know it would be better if I had just the PI intake. I know my in-laws '03 GT stang pulls good all the way to about 5800, but sounds kinda like the valves float a little at that rpm. what is RTV? lol I'm a pain sometimes

Clay

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
cman2007 said:
My car pulls pretty good all the way to a 5400 shift point but I know it would be better if I had just the PI intake. I know my in-laws '03 GT stang pulls good all the way to about 5800, but sounds kinda like the valves float a little at that rpm. what is RTV? lol I'm a pain sometimes

Clay
rtv is silicon sealant

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
fdawg97lx said:

rtv is silicon sealant
that vulcanizes (spelling?) at room temperature ;)

Sorry I am just bored.

Frank- Have you run your car at the track since you put the PI intake on??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts