TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone gets the notion to tell me to use a search, I'll just say I don't feel like doing it, I'm lazy. I have a few questions.

Is 185.00 for a new PI intake with aluminum crossover a good price?

What kind of PI cams and heads do I need to do the swap on my 4.6L 96 LX? If there is different cams and heads available.

And lastly, for someone, a newbie if you will, with all the of the tools to do the job. How many hours does this generally take?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NVM on that, found a long block PI motor for cheap gonna go ahead and do that instead of swapping.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I paid 149 bucks for the FRPP PI intake from Dan (or Jason, I don't remember the timing of it) from this site in the forum in the Marketplace.

As far as cams, it doesn't really matter depending on how you are going to do it. I want to do mine without removing the front cover (shush everyone, it is my fantasy) so I wanted and got ones with bolt on cam gears (I have the Ford timing chain wedge tool). Heads the same, any PI head except a V10 and 3 valver.

I haven't done the cams yet, never thought or looked into doing the heads, and the intake alone took around 3 to 4 hours (I don't get paid by the hour so I take lots of breaks).

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
i paid 100 for mine used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts