TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what alternator bracket and coolant tube do I need for the pi swap? It's a 1996 thunderbird. Do I use the mustang bracket and coolant tube?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If your talking about the coolant tube through the valley of the block for the intake swap (I don't know the part number) but I believe it was the same one from the 2002 crown Vic. Which was slightly different than the mustang tube IIRC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks everyone! I'm currently getting all the parts together for a set of mhs stage 2 heads and cams npi to pi conversion! I actually searched and found it a couple months back and spent all day searching before I posted and couldn't find it. I have built my entire car off of the knowledge and expertise of everyone on this site! It is very much appreciated :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I just looked and the crown Vic exits the back of the block on the passenger side which is exactly what I need. One more question.... Can I bolt my aluminum coolant crossover from the npi intake to a plastic pi intake?

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
No. If it's an early all-plastic intake it's essentially a ticking time bomb... Used aluminum crossover PI intakes pop up for sale every so often here for about $50-$70... new ones go for $200.

BTW from your list of mods it doesn't look like you've done anything to the drivetrain yet. What are your plans for the rear end, converter and transmission? The flow benefits of stage 2 heads/cams don't kick in until > 3000 RPM and last all the way through ~7000 RPM. You should consider 2800+ stall and a built transmission along with 3.73s or higher. That will let you take advantage of the powerband being shifted up in the RPM range and quickly get into the powerband from a standstill. A stock transmission can't be trusted over 6000 RPM, and a stock torque converter can't take more than 5400 RPM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts