TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already searched but couldnt turn up the exact info I needed. I already have a set of 2000 Pi heads and intake waiting to be installed on my car, my question is will it be fine to use a whole Pi intake with the stock Pi fuel stuff on my 95 bird or, do I need to aquire 96-97 t-bird fuel rails and stuff. Im not to up on the return vs. returnless style rails. All help is greatly appreciated:)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you need to get 96-97 style fuel rails, unfortunately, the 94-95 stuff won't work

not really recommended to do a PI swap on a stock 94-95 bottom end, but good luck

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asking if the rails from a 99-04 mustang GT would work or do i need the 96-97 Bird style? I know that the 95 stuff wont work. Also, why would you not recommend buildin my block, i had plans of rebuilding it.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I think the mustang fuel system is returnless so it wouldn't work. Might be wrong. Not a 'stang expert.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you would need the 96-97 style lines

the PI lines are returnless... which will not work with our setup

putting PI heads on a stock 94-95 block is pointless.. if you are yanking it to rebuild it, ok.. just remember you can get a low mileage PI block shipped to your doorstep for around $1000

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You can also use 96+ crown vic fuel rails that have return lines. This keeps the fuel connections right under the TB so you may have to push them down just a little to put on the intake tube :)
-Rob

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The swap will be fine if the engine is in good shape. The real difference in the pre 96 blocks and the 96 and newer ones is that the pre 96 blocks have 4 mains and the 96 and up have 5.
I sure wouldn't call the swap pointless, but it is a lot of work to take on and if you have a high mileage older engine you may want to think more about it. But, you aren't going to kill a stock 95 bottom end without trying really hard with just that swap as long as you stay NA.
To the point, you need the 96-97 style lines. Your car has a return style fuel system and you need return style fuel rails.
Darrin

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im doin the same. I have a set of bad npi heads with a pi intake on it now. I bought a brand new set of pi's there getting ported and gettin some new stuff done right now. I will be doin the swap soon. I had a hard time doin the swap.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, im off to the boneyard tomorrow for the rails

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You can also use 96+ crown vic fuel rails that have return lines. This keeps the fuel connections right under the TB so you may have to push them down just a little to put on the intake tube
-Rob

i am in the middle of my explorer swap and i tried looking at 96-97 vic lines and the fuel line connect was in front of the rail.didnt really look like they whould work but i may be wrong.basicly i just bought new 96 bird rails.might as well i mean i have employee discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts