TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

03 PI explorer swap is half way done! One week in and now im waiting for my 03 marauder Torque converter and flexplate from the parts counter.

Hoping to have it running (wont be streetable 'till tune and exhaust get fabbed up.) Anyone know a good exhaust shop? Im doing a whole new Y from the collectors down to a dual in dual out then out the side in front of the tires. I thought about having a go at it, and I still might if I cant get a good enough price.

anyway, Feel free to swing by or hit me up.

Nigel my brotha! If your in town you should swing by!

~MG~

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Good luck with that! I barely have time and energy to change the oil, let alone something like that. If you find a good exhaust place let me know, I want to upgrade mine if I attempt to install some headers.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
How is it going on getting it in? Still waiting on the flexplate and torque converter? I would be interested to see someone else's car all torn apart, I am sick of seeing mine! I have been driving the 89 and the wife has the 97, my Grand Marquis was in the body shop (00 Grand Marquis, book value about 3800 dollars came within 450 bucks of being a total hahaha), but we got it back, so I can park the 89 until I get the dash put back in it totally.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its coming along great! Ive done everything I can without the flexplate and torque converter. Guess its gonna take a lot long to get here than I wanted. Its been a full week since I ordered it as it is now!

All Im doin now is degreasing the engine bay, and tryin to clean up this fuel rail I got. Had some rust on the inside of the rail. I ran it in a electrolysis bucket overnight and got all the rust off... now I just have to figure out how to get the grime out of it.

but other than that the engines ready to drop in!

~MG~

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
DAMN!!!! Wish I was there, I'd love to get my hands dirty on a PI swap. I'm actually stuck in Dublin for a couple days, my passport vanished, and I have to wait out the holiday weekend before the Embassy opens back up. I should be back in AZ late this week.

Anyway, Garret, if you still haven't sorted the exhaust out, if you can find yourself a welder of just about any sort, some mandrel bends, straight pipe, and whatever you want for mufflers etc, I'll be happy to whip one up for you :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REALLY! WOW YOU MEAN IT! GOLLY GEE! (seriously tho thats freakin cool)

Thats crappy your stuck without a passport! Hope you get back home ok!

Lemme know when you do! Im the mean time I'll pick up a welder!

~MG~

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALRIGHT!!! WOW!

12 straight hours and The engine is in and ready to fire. Have to wait till the morning though, since its 1am and the car doesnt have any pipe on it....

I will get video of the first start and post though.

Keep a finger crossed for me that everything goes as planed!

will keep posted....

~MG~

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts