TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I believe I’m ready to take my car to a shop to begin work. I have the Pi intake, a Romero set of Pi heads and cams, and gaskets plus a spacer in case the alternator needs to be moved. But I’m looking for a detailed list of everything that needs to be done so the mechanic knows exactly what I want him to do. Any help you can offer in either finding one or creating one is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
So I believe I’m ready to take my car to a shop to begin work. I have the Pi intake, a Romero set of Pi heads and cams, and gaskets plus a spacer in case the alternator needs to be moved. But I’m looking for a detailed list of everything that needs to be done so the mechanic knows exactly what I want him to do. Any help you can offer in either finding one or creating one is highly appreciated.
I see you are new, with all of four posts, but please, please be sure to read the stickies in here. They have LOTS of the important info all ready to go for you. For example, one of the stickies in this particular area is right here... Merely four posts above yours.

https://forums.tccoa.com/7-engine-4-6l-5-4l/142765-definitive-pi-intake-swap-all-years-1876-1997-a.html

You don't need a spacer on the alternator. You need the intake, the heads, the cam covers, and a tune. If you don't have a tune, it won't run well.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
If you aren't doing the work yourself I would highly advise against doing a PI swap unless your upper end needs to come off regardless.

If your going to pay to get the work done your much better off with trickflow heads otherwise the PI heads are not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For future reference when I go for this upgrade myself. To be honest tunes are completely foriegn to me. Where would I go and how much should I expect to pay for a tune?

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
For future reference when I go for this upgrade myself. To be honest tunes are completely foriegn to me. Where would I go and how much should I expect to pay for a tune?
Where do you live?

I'd guess the going rate is around $500. You'll also need to buy a SCT X-Cal, or whatever the latest name for the tuner is, to keep your tune on.

https://www.sctflash.com/products/tuners

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I live in Massachusetts. Wow thats a lot cheaper then i expected. Is this sct tuner something you plug into the obd2 port and set up yourself?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts