TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at a couple "PI" intakes online and i was wondering if there is a way to tell that it is a PI intake from pictures and not a NPI. Sorry if that seems like a stupid question. Thanks -John

·
Registered
874 Posts
the intake runners would look beefy compared to an NPI, and would stand taller. if i had a pic i would show you. if anyboy has a pic to show 94tbird46 the differences between the two can you post it. thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys that helps out alot. Another question thats prally asked all the time but i just want to get a straight answer is what do i need to run for a plenum and throttle body on a pi intake. I was looking around and saw some set-ups on ebay but im not sure what size tb i need, if i even need a new one at all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't think the pi cams will work with the 94-95 npi heads. The only npi heads that I know work with pi cams are the 96 and up.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Thanks guys that helps out alot. Another question thats prally asked all the time but i just want to get a straight answer is what do i need to run for a plenum and throttle body on a pi intake. I was looking around and saw some set-ups on ebay but im not sure what size tb i need, if i even need a new one at all.
sorry, but you wont get ONE straight answer, because a lot of us had to adapt the aftermarket plenums to work for our cars because of the extra vacuum port needed...there are several ways to accomplish this

I wouldn't so much call it the #1 runner but the front most runner.
i guess you could say that i mapped the runners, looking at them down the center of the manifold, front to back, to the 1st eight elements of the set of natural numbers :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
i guess you could say that i mapped the runners, looking at them down the center of the manifold, front to back, to the 1st eight elements of the set of natural numbers :)
most would label them the same as the cylinders they feed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts