TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Dude, the pic is so dark I can't even see your tires. You'll have to snap a pic of it with the sun against your back and on the rear of your Cat.

·
Registered
443 Posts
how does it sound? could you possibly get a sound clip? my dynomax is too quiet...

·
Registered
970 Posts
heh, whoops, I didn't even look at his sig.

Anyways, yeah the tips look nice when they are pointed outwards, but they start to rust real fast. Of course, I lived in Chicago, but they had about a 1/2" line of rust all of the way around the tip of them after 3 months. That's aluminized steel for ya's.

Later,
-danimal

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flow's!!! the best of course

It is the rear section of the Flowmaster kit from Summit Racing P# FLO-17111 i believe, you are supposed to buy the resonator with it also but if you do that you wont get any sound at the rear, which would make buying flowmaster useless....all you have to do is have a cut out the resonator, make a Y to fit there and the rest is beans & gravy, i had my clamped on just in case i didnt like the sound i could take them off and put different mufflers on.....i havent really had anyone drive it hard enough to get the true sound out of them....it rumbles the inside of the car....but if you have a K&N cone filter, after about 3500 RPM the intake noise takes over the mufflers noise, just a though for anyone thinking about flow's.....and also......those with 3.8, which is what mine is....there is no where to hang the mufflers where Flowmaster has the hanger, your shop will have to make one up.......im pretty sure im going to cut the angles off the tips and put some chrome tips on....gonna be kinda hard with bumper clearance.....plus the shop put that one hanger on the pass. side tip..which means it will have to be moved anyways.......thanks for the input guys.....i am real pleased with it......didnt give any low power that i can notice but it gave me lots of top end power....just dont be too heavy on the gas or you'll see that tank drop quick!!

(edit)
BTW......flowmaster uses stainless steel i think....which shouldnt rust....only the welds unless they were coated too....im not too sure though

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW

like me decal? its "unique".......actually.....i bought the decal as a 6x6 from vinzdecals.com cost me about 9 bucks.......i didnt have a squeegy to put it on so when i went to put it on i just took off the whole backing and stuck it on.....well it was crooked so when i went to lift the POS decal off and straighten it, it fell back down even more crooked so i took an exacto knife and cut off the circle, i think it looks nice.......dont buy from vinzdecals.com the decals arent very thick....you have to do it PERFECT the first time or you dont get a second chance, the vinyl is very thin

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
looks simular to mine
except i did flowmasters of 89 GT Mustang and 3" angled down chrome tips under SC rear bumper

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same kit, but mine came with a pipe to replace the resonator and for only 280 with shipping

1 - 12 of 12 Posts