TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to get an idea of how 96/7 Sport Birds look when lowered while still retaining the OEM 16" Sport Wheels...

and if possible, also please mention:
which brand springs/shocks you used to lower the car and
how much it was lowered.

(I really wanted to get new 17" or 18" wheels at the same time i got new shocks/springs, but it looks like my front shocks are kinda shot (I have oem Sport springs with them), the car sound/feels like it's gonna fall apart when I hit the slightest uneven spot on the road which actually has started hurting my poor body! This is ruining the interior too, as it also gets creaky more and more...
So it looks like I may get new (lowering) shocks while keeping the OEM sport wheels for now.)

I know I will research on what springs/shocks to get, but if you guys can mention suggestions while posting pics, that'd be a bonus. :)

Dumb q: one has to change both springs and shocks to lower the car, right?
(I do have a set of low mile front oem sport shocks that I bought from a member here sometime ago on a whim, when sport shocks became rare ... I guess they'll go to waste if I want to lower the Bird, as I can't use them ???)

Thanks IA

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
:gotsearch or browse the gallery...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the reason I didn't do that:
in the gallery, I don't know if I'd be able to spot every lowered car with 16" wheels (meaning, will I be able to see that it is lowered or not), and know exactly how much it was lowered by,
and also: most people do change wheels when they lower cars, so it must be not very many who lowered while keeping 16" wheels, and I just wanted to get that minority to post a pic and let me know which shocks/springs they used.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think I have any actual pictures of the car in the time i had it, but if you follow this link you can see a picture of it in front of my house courtesy of Google maps(you'll have to drag the guy over for the street view). It's a little fuzzy, but wanted to try and help you out. It had Eibach springs all the way around and was lowered an inch. Handled pretty well on the road, and i loved the look. The only complaint i have is it would become a little unsettled on bumps, especially at Nelson's Ledges(although that can probably be blamed on the track more than the car). I'll dig some more tonight and see if i can find any better pictures where it made a cameo appearance for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Btw, on the "sound like it's going to fall apart" topic, i'd suggest front sway bar links if you haven't replced them. My '93 has it's stock springs/shocks in it still with 187k on the odometer. The front sounded the same way. Two new front sway bar links later it's quiet as can be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts