TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at a Pick-n-Pull yesterday buying a few things and I grabbed a deep 4R70W pan with drain plug in the dimple from a Police Crown Vic.

When I went to check out and pay the lady said the pan was $28.00

Last year I bought one from Ford for like $22.00 BRAND NEW!

Needless to say, I didn't take the pan. I only go to this Pick-n-Pull in Tallahassee because my boss rants about it all the time. The problem is the prices are a bit high, so the only time you get a decent deal is when you go on their holiday 50% days! I admit the site is nice and it's on the Internet with multiple locations across the US, but if I have to get dirty and pull the parts myself, they'd better be cheap! I've pulled parts before there, then didn't take them because of the price.

I picked up a pair of 2001 3.1L GM heads (for $124.00 + $20.00 core). I really didn't care about that price since the customer was paying for them! lol

I would have paid 10, 15, maybe even 20 dollars for that pan, but 30?!? Gimme a break!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Not to mention they went up to 2$ admission fee! Yeah i was there all weekend and the prices are rediculous!!!! I wanted to get a perfect door stripping seal and they tried to charge me $20 for it. I looked at them like they are crazy and put it in the show room they used to have.. Went back a few days later when they had a 50% off sale and got it for $5. They are a rip off now lol

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
I thought the pans with the drain plugs were more money, closer to $50 brand new. :confused:

Joe

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Wow tough luck guys. That is what it was like buying parts in IL total BS up and down. With the internet now guys in the middle of nowhere have a chance at getting a hold of alternatives.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the pans with the drain plugs were more money, closer to $50 brand new. :confused:

Joe
That may be true. The one I bought from Ford didn't have the drain plug.

Way to distract from the point of my rant, Joe! :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wow tough luck guys. That is what it was like buying parts in IL total BS up and down. With the internet now guys in the middle of nowhere have a chance at getting a hold of alternatives.
Mo. is the same way. Lucky I now know someone who gets outstanding deals. Last time I went we got driver and pass. side composite headlights an upper and lower explorer intake, overflow bottle and trans cooler for $35. I was amazed

·
Registered
511 Posts
I hate going to pick n pull because of this reason. The prices are way to high, its rare that they have specials anymore, all the good/new cars are gutted within days, and the crack heads always ask me to borrow tools. I would always go to pick your part before pick n pull, but they closed all their Nor Cal stores last year. I dont think there is any choice here as far as self serve yards other than pick n pull now.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate going to pick n pull because of this reason. The prices are way to high, its rare that they have specials anymore, all the good/new cars are gutted within days, and the crack heads always ask me to borrow tools. I would always go to pick your part before pick n pull, but they closed all their Nor Cal stores last year. I dont think there is any choice here as far as self serve yards other than pick n pull now.
Look for the metal recycling yards. More and more are allowing people to pick stuff off the cars before they crush them. Gives them a chance to make a little extra money.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I got a VMM for $10 the other day. :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I got my SC L braces for $30 bucks with military discount :) it really depends on what items youre pullin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts