TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally picked up my heads and intakes from the machine shop today. Here is the setup:

The heads had a pocket port done and the exhaust holes were ported slightly and polished on the inside. The lower intake was matched to the heads. The upper intake was matched to the lower and polished on the inside (Runners that connect upper with lower were polished on the inside) The upper was also gasket matched to 56mm.

The cam will be a SSM Comp 212/218 cam. I still have to get my TB and lifters, and then she should be ready for the swap.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I've heard that when porting the intake tracks you want to leave it a bit rough, not polish it, and than when your doing the exhaust ports that you want to make it as smooth as possible, as close to a mirror polish as you can, thats just what I've heard though....

·
5,650 Posts
I've heard that when porting the intake tracks you want to leave it a bit rough, not polish it, and than when your doing the exhaust ports that you want to make it as smooth as possible, as close to a mirror polish as you can, thats just what I've heard though....
I've heard the same. Keep the intake ports a little rough so that it causes a little turbulence and promotes fuel atomization for the incoming charge and have the exhaust smooth so that carbon doesn't build up easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts