TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Discovered my outer tie rod ends both have play, so I'm changing them out.
I noticed on rock auto they have TRW ES3004 listed under economy. Doesn't TRW make the ball joints for ford? In that case, shouldn't they be good quality? Otherwise I'm going with Moog's problem solver ones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All the ones with 3004 appear the same. They likely are the same. At less than $5 they are a good buy. Check them carefully for defects before installing. ACDelco Professional might be good quality if it comes from BAW Taiwan. The cheap ones should be fine.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
They have Motorcraft for $11 or $13, I avoid the "economy" stuff as it usually is the ones that don't pass some of the checks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't usually skimp out on suspension parts, its just because I saw another thread with someone saying that the TRW ones were identical and good quality. Although, maybe wholesale closeout is shady, I don't know. Normally I have good luck with it, but that was just wiper blades and spark plugs.

Also, do the inner wear out at the same time? I doubt they are bad, but maybe I should change the inners too and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I don't usually skimp out on suspension parts, its just because I saw another thread with someone saying that the TRW ones were identical and good quality. Although, maybe wholesale closeout is shady, I don't know. Normally I have good luck with it, but that was just wiper blades and spark plugs.

Also, do the inner wear out at the same time? I doubt they are bad, but maybe I should change the inners too and be done with it.
My attitude is, for the low cost of it, may as well do both inner and outer at once.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I used the TRW's and they seem to be fine. If you do your inners make sure you get motorcraft boots for them. The aftermarket ones suck!!! they will rot out in no time.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I bought the TRW tire rod ends. Heard that they were the OE made ones.
So I also bought a set of TRW ball joints, front sway bar links, rack bushings. Rockauto unfortunately has ran out of the sway bar links.
The TRW name is gone now, and lets face it, our cars are probably not big sellers for parts retailers.... that is probably why the stuff is/was on clearance. They are good quality and definitely not a junk brand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll go with the TRW ones. Once I get them I'll post up some pictures.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how the trws do. I just used xrf. Was going to install xrf inners, but saw my rack was seeping and decided to save the inners for later when I install a rack.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how the trws do. I just used xrf. Was going to install xrf inners, but saw my rack was seeping and decided to save the inners for later when I install a rack.
When you order, most racks will come with the inners.

I did a Rack Doctor unit, and it came with inners.

And it's done great, too.

RwP

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
When you order, most racks will come with the inners.

I did a Rack Doctor unit, and it came with inners.

And it's done great, too.

RwP
You are right about that. Thanks for slapping some sense into me. I think every reman rack I have ever installed had inners on it already. Looks like I'll have these XRF inners for a long time :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I used Deeza last. They outlasted the last 2 Motorcraft sets I had with my Adcco 1 1/4 bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got them in the mail. They look to be very nice quality, made in USA, and dust boot looks to be good quality too. Definitely a steal at $5 each.
If anyone's on the bench about getting these, I say go for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am looking at the same deal that is still on Rock Auto. What has been your experience with these TRW tie rod ends since you bought them?
Any issues or regrets?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I recently picked up the ACDelco Professional outer tie rods on the same RockAuto blowout sale. Your TRW units appear to be identical, but I guess the quality difference will be known by the longevity of the ball joint.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you buy the TRWs, then you can slap the logo all over your car just like the old IMSA Cougars, and it would be legit. :D ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,666 Posts
Stickers are good for +10HP, at least!

>:)

I have a "DirtyDog Performance" windshield decal for shipping, if someone want's it. :)

The SCT sticker is the only one I put on my Car; it was $350, lol.

It's beside the Umbrella Corp, and the 'Radiaton Hazard' trifoil Sticker. :grin2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts