TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just for the record... The body kit IS going back on. here are pics of it off though for paint and the front bumper sanded and all...
i drove it outside to take some pics in the light,

on the pic with the shock, the bar that it is mounted too isnt going anywhere, its probably more solid
now than it was ever, works great, also the rear swaybar had came loose and it was bolted on
orgionally, but that has been welded on also now for structural support.

How do you guys like it without the kit? im really thinking about keeping the kit off, i think it looks clean,
im sure i wont though, because im so used to it on, They were saying the car is really too low to even
have the kit on there because it will bend real easy, the front bumper and header panel are getting steel reinforcements to help from it
bending and all under teh stress if i lift the back with the front still dumped.
Its comming out badass. Check out theese pics,

on one picture i put the side skirts on just to see how it would look if i left the front xenon peice off
and had the rest on.... what do you guys think??

Matt

PS NO LEAKS!!!!:D :D :D :D :znanner: :znanner:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well IMO, i like it W/O the kit....
it also looks good with it but im more into the smooth look.
the car's coming along nicely, keep it up!

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PearlBirdSC said:
Are they gonna fix that crack to the right of the car before final paint?
haha, i figured someone would say somethin bout that guy.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
my vote - no body kit.
I have to ask :friendly: , are they going to fix the fenderwell or not. I see they put thr shock back on but to be honest I expected something a little more custom :still friendly: . I thought they would have scraped the ripped of piece completely and started over ??

·
Registered
499 Posts
BAGGED89 said:
my vote - no body kit.
I have to ask :friendly: , are they going to fix the fenderwell or not. I see they put thr shock back on but to be honest I expected something a little more custom :still friendly: . I thought they would have scraped the ripped of piece completely and started over ??
agreed, looks like another band-aid fix.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
BAGGED89 said:
:zwthstpd:

As for the body kit, SC side skirts and rear bumper would be sweet a$$ as hell.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BAGGED89 said:
my vote - no body kit.

i hear ya bro.

I thought so too, this is deffinately not a "bandaid" fix, it is super, super solid, i was kind of thinking they would have ground off the excess or somethin ya know, but thats extra labor time and all, and i can do it with a angle grinder no biggie, but to be honest i dont think it matters much, the inside fenderwell is not getting re-tubbed, i might later, but right now ill have to wait a couple months financially to do that.

They are bracing the front bumper real good and all, basically what it boils down to is that i will have to be careful raising and lowering it because of the stress thats added with the kit:

SCOTT:
I dont know if some of you guys are having this problem too, but with the kit off, the front bumper almost touches the ground, its about a inch and a half up, maybe less, but with the kit on the front wants to go lower but sits on the kit, they are going to brace it, but i still have to be carfull, they were talking about maybe putting bump stops that would keep the front from lowering all the way down, so that it lowers so that the kit is on the ground, but then dosent go the extra 2 in. or so down.... any ideas?

Matt

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
if you are keeping the kit, then a guess a bump stop would be the best solution. Where do you put the bump stop? not sure, it has to be able to support the weight of the car and impacts also. If you drive it hammered then it will hit the bump stop sometime and you won't want to bend something.

you could put a plate under the crossemember to sit on. (maybe if its not too tall, I wouldn't put a 3x3 tube under there :D )

re-work the front suspension so the cylinder is fuilly compressed where you want it to stop at.

if you have a hole for the upper ball joint to pass through the shock tower, then you could put something (steel plate maybe) under that again. that will hold it up some. but that put those loads into the tower. the original stop was on the front shocks so the loads went into the mount where your cylinder is.

shim the top cylinder mount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think i like the shim cylinder mount or rebuild mounts to fully compress cylinder ideas best, becuase of the location for the loads on the cars.

these are my thoughts but i would have to see how the suspension is set-up.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BAGGED89 said:
your eyes are fine. The camber gets nasty when they are that low. we raise them to drive them. Most of the time :D

maybe yall do scott ;-)

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
looks like its coming along very nicely man
keep it up can't wait to see it finished back on the road
take care man

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
musto said:
i hear ya bro.

I thought so too, this is deffinately not a "bandaid" fix, it is super, super solid, i was kind of thinking they would have ground off the excess or somethin ya know, but thats extra labor time and all, and i can do it with a angle grinder no biggie, but to be honest i dont think it matters much, the inside fenderwell is not getting re-tubbed, i might later, but right now ill have to wait a couple months financially to do that.
Sort of looks like you took it to the Farm Store Collision and Repair Center. Did they just eyeball the shock mount placement? Somehow I don't think they frame racked it for that repair... I guess you get what you pay.

Oh wait that phrase definitely doesn't apply to this car...

btw look at the first pic after the shock mount, that's a nice boyracer style spoiler you've got on it. lmao

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Great Obucina said:
hey musto, that upper part of the shock is supposed to be inside the trunk, why isnt it?
it would be if the inside of the trunk wasnt 4 inches higher.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Southpaw said:
Sort of looks like you took it to the Farm Store Collision and Repair Center. Did they just eyeball the shock mount placement? Somehow I don't think they frame racked it for that repair... I guess you get what you pay.

Oh wait that phrase definitely doesn't apply to this car...

btw look at the first pic after the shock mount, that's a nice boyracer style spoiler you've got on it. lmao

thank you for the compliment,
i forgot to tell you how nice your bone stock rims look man, they really set the car off, i can tell youve put alot of work into yours too :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts