TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone had some pics of this sized tire? i plan on getting some soon and just didn't want to wait to see what it looks like :)

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Not exactly what you ordered...but...here is a photo of my car with 245/50zr16's on SC rims.

Hope that helps. I need to get a better photo, but that should give you a better idea.

As for comparing tire sizes and exploring the effects on your rear axle ratio and speedometer...This is the most comprehensive comparison tool that I have found

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much! i think it looks pretty good! is your car lowered? if so how much? it doesn't look like you have a whole lot of fendergap

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Thanks.
The car is bone stock except for the tires and wheels. It could stand to be lowered just a bit, but that probably won't be happening.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm gonna mount some 255/50's on my 16 inchers, i think that's the widest you can go, and it's about .8 inches smaller than my 215/70/r15's i have right now. i don't know about 245/40's though?

·
Registered
353 Posts
using that web tool i found the best match to my stock 225/60/16 to be 245/55/16.

would there be a problem with the tires rubbing?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You can't find 245/55/16 tires. Nobody makes them. And 245/40/16's are WAY too short. 245/50/16's are about as short as you want to go.
I'll be trying 245/50's in the front and 255/50's in the rear sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am thinking of replacing my 225-60-16 with 235-55-16s. They are a little wider and and almost the same height.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by W.Cup
I am thinking of replacing my 225-60-16 with 235-55-16s. They are a little wider and and almost the same height.
I have 235/55's on my '89SC and absolutely love 'em. Not sure why I do but they just plain seem to work extremely well on this particular car. Remember, this car has thicker swaybars than any other MN12 so that might have a lot to do with the great handling etc that I feel the car has with these tires.
They also fill the wheelwells somewhat nicely and have a little wider footprint than the original 225/60's, they fit the stock 7" wide rims great also.

Pic below shows the car with these tires, she's not lowered but will be as soon as I get the time to put the Eibachs on. I have a set of the 1.5" Pros but I'd like to work with the isolators to only drop the car 1". Good luck with whatever you may decide on.

'bird

1 - 12 of 12 Posts