TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted pictures on here of my SC yet, so here goes.

The car is not lowered yet as I am baggin' it. The interior is under construction, everything is getting glassed. After that, it will go in for paint. The car is being built in memory of my aunt, she passed away, but it was her car. Lambo doors were done locally by a friend of mine. His hinges are the best on the market because a few guys in the local car club have the VD.COM kits and they are pretty floppy. He custom built mine for my car and they are a DIRECT bolt-on. NO WELDING REQUIRED. If you guys have any questions, please ask away.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am shaving everything, molding, handles, locks, badges, making it a smoothie.

Mickey... you are correct. Thats the only way aftermarket lambo kits work. His hinge has changed countless times. Everything is made of 1/2" steel, it looks completely different now. I was one of his guinea pigs, was the fourth car he lambo'd. He basically took every good aspect of the other kits and changed them to make them better and function alot better. The doors actually close better then they did factory, just lighty push the door, and it closes flawlessly. They seal like factory with no work required. He can also make a weld on kit for less money, but I would recommend spending the extra cash and getting the bolt-on, less headaches. He charged me $2000 CND, installed, everything. Can anybody beat that price?? I dont think so. For the Thunderbird kit, he is using a 850LBS shock to lift and hold the door up. The door goes up by itself pretty much unlike the VD.COM kit which you have to use some muslce to lift it up. And it closes like butter, down easy, my gf can do it no prob on the passenger side and close it with no effort. If any of you are interested in this, let me know. I can give you all his contact info. He is in canada, but he can help you out.

As for my exhaust, it's only tips, with Borla Muffs.

The trim thing was an experiment to see what the car would look like without it. I started with the passenger side... came off no problems. Moved to the driver's side, paint came with the trim. So just before I get it painted, I will be taking the trim off and shaving the bumper trim too. I am also doing a 96/97 Xenon front end on it too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice car dude!! its cool its being built in memory of a loved one.
nice wheels, cant wait to see it dropped.
ive already started shaving on mine, and ill bag it this winter.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like the THUNDERBIRD lowerd , but please just give it the racer look, the treads in front are just covered and a 1/8 inch gap over the rear tires,a very slight rack. Lowrider THUNDERBIRD's look like the owner just stepped off the little yellow bus. But your THUNDERBIRD looks real good!!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
sweet ride bro, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words guys. Keep the comments/questions coming.

As for the PM's of it being a direct bolt-on, yes... its better to have the bolt-on kit and then put a few tack welds along the bracket. I did it on mine, just to make sure nothing would ever move. What I want to know from you guys is if the hinge bolt locations are the same for 89-97 birds. So that he can make a production kit for our cars that will all be the same.

As for the rims. They are Tezzen Struck's. They do not make them in our bolt pattern. So I had Belle-Tire order them as blanks, and had a shop drill our bolt pattern in. I went with a different rim to give the car a different look. The rims look WAY better in person, the pics don't do them justice. Rubber is Toyo Proxes4, 245/35/20. And they do hook up pretty good with the 20's. I recommend these tires if you are going with a 20" rim. The price is nice and the quality is there.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i would leave the side trim. it breaks up the huge flat surface you call a door !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jk89cat said:
i would leave the side trim. it breaks up the huge flat surface you call a door !
That's where the air brushed pin-stripe will come into play when the car is painted.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
:zwthstpd:
I thought it'd be kind of hard for my long legs to get in there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
yea im 6'3 and a healthy boy i dont think thatd be nice for me but it looks sweet. if i were to go with lambo doors theyd have to be a 90deg hinge.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mark... The thing with the 90deg. doors, puts ALOT of stress on the door and the hinge. Plus.. does a real Lamborghini door open at 90deg. ? No. I think it looks crappy at 90deg. Also, with the doors that high, they get VERY flimsy and wavy, un-sturdy, etc... Mine open up at a 60deg. Which is the look I am going for. Height is adjustable with his kit.

As for getting in and out... fairly easy. I'm a big guy too, 6', 185lbs, and I dont find it hard to get in and out of the car. You only hit your head the first time, then you learn.

The doors cost me $2000CND installed. I was also a guinea pig for him, so the price will go down.

I am doing alot to the body. Everything will be shaved, going to be a smoothie. I am doing the 96-97 Xenon front end. And I'm not sure what I will do with the sides and rear.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Your car looks great. But i noticed you said you are gonna do the 96-97 xenon front end. Im hoping you mean your going to swap a 96-97 front end then add a xenon kit.

I'm not trying to pick you apart, but just trying to prevent you from making a mistake that would totally destroy your awesome ride.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AlpineBird said:
Your car looks great. But i noticed you said you are gonna do the 96-97 xenon front end. Im hoping you mean your going to swap a 96-97 front end then add a xenon kit.

I'm not trying to pick you apart, but just trying to prevent you from making a mistake that would totally destroy your awesome ride.

Yep, you are correct. I left that part out, my bad. I know what you're getting at! LOL.

Ok.. Here's the deal with the Lambo kits. Would you guys be interested in a Group Buy?? I need to know this so that he and I can make it happen.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts