TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished them last night, but I was too tired to post 'em. Here's a few pics for now, but I think I'm gonna post the whole step by step process on a SD member page later...

Start-

Wrapped in grill cloth -

Glassed -

A little bondo to smooth em out -

Primed -

And here they are finished and installed -

You can see that one of the Premier midbass' cones are dented in :( It's been like that for a while, but now that it's visisble I think I'll have to try and pull it out soon. I'm in the process of trying to find some good vinyl to wrap them in but until then I'm happy with the way that they came out...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bmac said:
Thats a very clean install you did a good job. What else have you done?
Well, I'm an installer so I've done quite a bit of stuff.:D But this is my first set of pods for a Cougar. I should have some trunk pics up next week sometime when I get it done.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
if they have a vented pole piece you can shoot some air in the back of the magnet from a distance to pop them out, if you don't worry about the possable dirt around the coil. just an idea

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey jtz93 i have a question

What did you use to make your baffles?
Is that wood?
and when you got them done what did you use to mount em??
They look really good, and now i am thinking about makeing me a set of my own,
but yeah man really god job on that
ben

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hey jtz93 i have a question

Ben said:
What did you use to make your baffles?
Is that wood?
and when you got them done what did you use to mount em??
They look really good, and now i am thinking about makeing me a set of my own,
but yeah man really god job on that
ben
Yep, just some 1/8" hardboard for the base, and the rings were cut out of 3/4" MDF. They're mounted with the same screws that secure the speakers to the pods. Just screwed them straight through into the doors.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Those look great. Want to make up a set and sell em to me? :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tazer999 said:
Those look great. Want to make up a set and sell em to me? :D
Thanks. You may be able to talk me into making you a set when I get done with the rest of the system.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
look great! are they sealed? I need to find a way to seal my speakers. they rattle too when I turn it up. of course, I ought to worry about my trunk rattle more.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
krusher said:
I'll take one set too, if you decide on it that is :)
Hmm....well, the only thing would be that almost every tweeter would have different diameters. Just a set for some coaxials would be easy enough I suppose. Provided that your doors are the same layout as my 93's are. I might put a few together depending on how may people may want some.....I'll think about it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
soop said:
Nice work. Impressive.

Have you tried a small suction cup to pop the cone out?
I've tried a few things to get it out, but it's in there pretty good. I'm going to take it to the car wash and try abd use one of their vacuums to do it. Mine just isn't strong enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts