TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some pics taken this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys them!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Why is there a Cobra emblem on your driver's-side fender (and none on the passenger-side)?!! The Cobra is a Mustang model, NOT a Thunderbird model!!

Otherwise, your car looks very nice!

Dennis

·
Registered
875 Posts
Why is there a Cobra emblem on your driver's-side fender (and none on the passenger-side)?!! The Cobra is a Mustang model, NOT a Thunderbird model!!

Dennis
Cuase he has a 5 ltre Mustang Cobra engine in it ;)

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,329 Posts
I was going to complain about the cobra emblem too until I saw the motor, I like it. Though the red dash bezel is eeehhh...

Dennis
The cobra name was also used on full and midsize cars throught the 60's, it was a designation for the motor used instead of a mustang model. I never had a problem with adding that badging if it matches the powerplant.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats true. There was a Torino Cobra as well. I don't mind the badging... but I agree with XR7-4.6.. that red dash bezel is a little too... mmmm don't know what it is but its too much of it! But, not my car, so you do with it as you please.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i was kinda bored and trying to think of something different to do to the interior. all that black plastic. the 94 up tbirds have a great dash, but the older ones have this huge stretch of absolute nothing! with all the red in my engine bay, i decided to try that out and see how it looked. am also leaning towards a red shift knob.

the cobra emblem was put on by the guy i bought it from, and i really like the cobra theme and think it sits well with the car. I have two more emblems. one black to go on the other side where there is not one. the other has red in the background, and i'm going to put it on the dash somewhere, possibly next to an oldschool 60's script thunderbird emblem i found on ebay that looks great. i think the red turned out okay, and realize its not to everyone's liking. just tinkering. with some custom red flame guages, i think its going to look great. if not, you can get those things from the junkyard for nothing, or i could just paint it black.

thanks anyways for all the great feedback!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
paint looks clean....

also to note, it just has a cobra intake on it....not exactly a true "cobra" motor.
they had gt40 heads on em.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Then how come a bunch of people don't put EXPLORER on the side of their Birds after the swap? :rofl:

-Joel

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, even if it did have the 95 cobra heads, they'd be getting dumped next year anyways for a set of aluminum heads. not to mention i don't have 24# injectors yet. People make Roush Tbirds, saleen tbirds, why not a Cobra themed bird? Its the essence of the car that gives it that title. If Ford would have made a special edition 5 speed V8 Tbird what would they have called it? Who knows. But they definately SHOULD have made one... since they didn't and I have one of few that exist I will call it whatever the hell i want to.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love this guys attidude. Trust me I have been there, s*&t flys easily here but do what you want and what you enjoy with your bird. Car looks clean and amazing for a sconnie car! Keep it up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha ha ah ha! its all in good fun man. just saying, if ford would have built it right the first time we'd know what to call it. How about a Thunderbird GT?

the car lived in new york, texas, then sat in storage in pennsylvania for 5 years before i bought it. same owner had it for over 10 years. the underbody is cleaner than you can imagine. i really lucked out.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
hehehe How bout a Thunderbird GT?? See link in my Sig.

I really need to update that site though

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very cool traveler. love it. bet she moves right along.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
another focus fanatic fan....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts