1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
nice, looks like a brand new car...youve done good

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That does look great. Just curious, what changed your mind about the 18's?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Drive XR7 said:
I bet it looked better with the body kit and 18s...

any pics with that on?
ditto.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
wow, it used to look nice. although the rims didn't fit the style of the car very well, but it still looked good.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Aaron,
It looks real good now. :thumbsup: I like the clean look also. That color is great and it has a nice stance.

Can you tell me how much drop that is and what springs you used?

Also, what size is your tire/wheel combo now?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man. They are Eibachs that I bought used. Before they seated properly they lowered the car 1.5" all around, but is appears a bit lower now, maybe closer to 2"?
Tires on there are 255/60/15's on an 8" wide rim.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Cool, thanks. A couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) What shocks did you use and hows the ride?

2) When you lowered it, was there any problems getting it aligned correctly?

·
Registered
313 Posts
looks better without the kit! Nice car, looks like mine, but red!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I defenatly like it better how it is now, no more show car look. These cars have very sleek lines, I'm glad to see yours has that again.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PHXBird said:
Cool, thanks. A couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) What shocks did you use and hows the ride?

2) When you lowered it, was there any problems getting it aligned correctly?
Kept the same shocks, which should be stock as far as I know.
The alignment is another story. The alignment got messed up after jumping the curb (mostly on the drivers side). I did make it a bit better by "eye" adjustments, but the springs made it worse -the front are like / \ and side to side is still messed up on some of them.
I'm sure there won't be any issues in getting aligned well as long as nothing got broken or bent in the accident. It's still drivable as is, but I try to keep the speeds down when I do.
Other than that, the ride is awesome. Nice and firm. No more of the rear "jumping" hard going over a bump. Also when at wot the shifts feel a lot "smoother" on the 1-2/2-3 shifts.

and thanks guys :)

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Very nice. I'm one for the sleeper look too (I drive a 3.8, how much more sleeper can you get) I was going to go with a body kit too, then I changed directions.
Any problems with scraping after you lowered it (that's the only worry I have about dropping mine)?

Once again, she looks [email protected] fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, not yet anyways. I got used to avoiding spepd bumps when I had the bodykit on, so I haven't even tried yet.
With the kit I did have issues getting in and out of my driveway. It would scrape a bit if I backed in or out, but I haven't noticed that with how it is now. I'll be going to some shorter tires, so I hope that won't affect it too much in that aspect.

and thanks :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts