TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to lower my car pretty badly due to the insane wheel gap I have. I am even considering cutting stock springs, but I'm not sure if that is very healthy or not.

Anyways, please show pictures of your lowered car, how much it is lowered by, and please tell how you did it (cut springs, bought Eibachs, etc.)! Also, please tell how much it cost to do it.

Thanks guys,

John

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here is my 93 Bird:

·
Registered
293 Posts

Tokico springs (between 1.25 and 1.50 drop)
Yellow Koni shocks (adjustable)
Airbags in rear springs
18x8 wheels 245/45-18 Dunlops SP 9000

Ed......

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The car before wheels, brakes and tires:

After:

Suspension techniques springs = ~200
Bilstein shocks (revalved front) = ~400
Airbags = 50
17x9 w/ 255/45 and 285/40/17 = ~1500

It only cost me about 650 roughly to lower the car with everything included (spring mounts and poly shock mounts for the rear), but when totally done it costs...uh way more than that. :D Talk to 91Hellcat or Weswing about lowering the car by cutting springs for that option. Good luck and post pics.

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
On a different note that is a beautiful bird...Dutch 4.6. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
96bird said:
On a different note that is a beautiful bird...Dutch 4.6. :D
Thank you Sir. Yours not bad either, allways loved the opalescent color :) :)

That last pic of yours, your car must have a hell of an E-brake to keep it steady on a slope like that :D :D

Ed......

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

Voghtland springs
Sport Shocks
96 Sport Rims (Dirty)

:D

·
Registered
825 Posts

Sits 1" off the front end, 4" off rear end

245/50r16 in rear, 225/50r16 in front

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow!

Great pics so far. You have one hell of a sleeper 392 :D

Keep them coming please :)

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts

I have modified (read: cut because my car is lopsided or something :confused: ) H&R springs & sport shocks with 245/45/17 BFGs.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Metalbassist03: You have one hell of a sleeper 392 :)
Thanks. It is a sleeper only until I start it up, then the cat is out of the bag :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
392Bird said:

Thanks. It is a sleeper only until I start it up, then the cat is out of the bag :)
Same here, :( When I start mine up now people are like holy ****. The blower on this thing is incredible now, she whistles away at idle and the cam in it is to die for

Then again, when people see the plate they kind of double take. Plate says 430 TRQ

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you guys put the springs / shocks on yourself or did you have a shop do it ?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
Did you guys put the springs / shocks on yourself or did you have a shop do it ?
I can't afford to have anyone do it for me. I like to work on my car anyway. :D I don't imagine you have much money either with that high maintance g/f of yours (if you are still together...I haven't heard the latest) and college.

Russell

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
96bird said:

I can't afford to have anyone do it for me. I like to work on my car anyway. :D I don't imagine you have much money either with that high maintance g/f of yours (if you are still together...I haven't heard the latest) and college.

Russell
I'd try it myself, but tools are lacking, I kind of don't have any kind of hydraulic lift to hold the car up while I switch the springs / shocks.

My woman actually isn't that high maintanence at all. We come 1/2 way, and all is good so far :D Thanks for asking tho.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
For the amount that you would pay a shop to do it, you could probably buy all of the tools that you would need to do it...if you shop around. I am saying that without actually knowing how much money it would take to get all of the required tools though. If you want to drive down to Cleveland, TN I can help you with it. :D

Good to hear you and your g/f are doing alright.

Russell
Metalbassist03 said:

I'd try it myself, but tools are lacking, I kind of don't have any kind of hydraulic lift to hold the car up while I switch the springs / shocks.

My woman actually isn't that high maintanence at all. We come 1/2 way, and all is good so far :D Thanks for asking tho.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^

Nice pic Wes, and yes I have considered that, but if the handling upgrade is better I'm not sure what to do. Great picture btw.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts

Vogtland 1" drop springs from the GP
Airlift air bags in the rear coils at 38 psi
245x60R15 front, 255x60R15 rear

-Rod

1 - 20 of 75 Posts