The Mark airbox front half, the filter and MAF assembly bolt into it

Here is the condenser/AT Cooler hookup:
and some fresh paint:

Attachments

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,358 Posts
Its nice and clean. I like the braided Power steering hose. What modification did you make that required the big patch panel on the firewall?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super,

The firewall patch is to repair several cracks around the heater core and bulkhead.

I want it to stay put until I can get the Roll Cage in the car. That is scheduled for next Spring.

My presumption is that the cracks occurred after I did the rear end, transmission work and wheel/tire upgrades last year. The car used to simply spin or if traction assist was on, less.

With the gear change, Trac lok, 275 tires and lowering the car, it hooks now. You can feel it twisting the chassis as torque is applied, so I assume this is the reason.

Along with the patch, I made up a pair of braces to connect the subframe to the cradle, hopefully those will clearance okay when assembly is complete.

Right now, the car is ready but I am still working on the engine, awaiting some parts.

RD

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's rained a lot.
I have the transmission ready to come out tomorrow. Hopefully the plate I made for the floor jack will work out and I can delete the forklift. I hope to lower and roll it back enough to R and R the converter properly. Then get the studs lok-tite into the converter and align it for a proper union.
Lotta work, but I am thankful it is no mystery and I got the advice I needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts