TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice

i got some stripes on my car to but im wondering about the ground effects they look like they are razzi but im not sure could you tell me what kind they are. thanx

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its an LX..

these ground effects are razzi..old style actually..

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
thats one nice lookin bird you got there anomnity. The paint looks really good. I plan to get a fiberglass hood for my car sometime, so could you tell me a little moer and maybe some pointers about having the hood prepped and painted so it doesn't look like fiberglass?

Hey Josh, here's a pic of my 95 with the Razzi gfx. The pic sucks i know, but it should be enough to tell you a little more about yours.

http://www.cableone.net/TBrow54/Beau/tbird.jpg.jpg

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well theres alot of advise really...

when you first get you hood, you want to drill the holes by the brackets where the hood attaches to the car...

secondly the latch might create a problem...it did with mine, so all i did was cut a little bit off with a hack-saw...i'll post a pic if needed...

also the cutting of the holes(if a mach hood) is kinda tricky but I did mine and wasn't to bad.
But if you not familiar with body work, I would let a body shop do it..

first thing to do before paintint the hood is to sand it with 180 i think...but have to look into that...it's been awhile since i've sanded fiberglass. You'll do this a couple times to find any dinges or deep scratches...and once you do find them mark the with some masking tape. and once you find all of them, but make sure you sand a couple times. you buy some bondo and fill in the scratches with it and sand that down a day after you let it sit...its best to wait 24hrs...

also, you want to put about 3 layers of base coat since paint will sink into the fiberglass...same with clear coat....i took a month and a half on my hood just to get it ready to paint the stripes on it. this is just an insight, so if you want more info, just ask.

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks good

Hey AverageJoe your car looks pretty good. i dont have ground effects but was looking at whick set i should put on want xenon but expensive but i can live with razzi because they look nice too. i cant buy any right away because i just bought some cobra r rims for my car and after i get them on im gonna put some dual exhaust on becuase mine is still the factory exhuast and is starting to get bad so i got to do that then maybe ground effect i will probley go with razzi because they look pretty good. thanx looks good

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I like the lok of my car. I want to put a set of 18s all around and drop it about 1.5" but leave the exterior mainly stock. Xenon gfx look good but ermember, they're plastic. So you have to be real careful driving around becase they get damaged a lot easier than the fiberglass that my Razzi's are made of. Good luck with your car, I hope it turns out nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Some pics of Razzi FX...

Here are some pics of Razzi ground FX on my '95...

Drivers Side...

Front...

Front Side...

Rear...

Rear Side...

One more rear side...

I like the look...I get some scrape in my driveway...(more when my wife drives my car). The only thing I have to change is the exhaust tips. They are just some tips put on to keep the exhaust from blowing on the kit. I am going to get some better looking ones soon...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i didn't really lik ethe front ground effect, so i left it off of mine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
razzi

Hey NickFL,
I have a 94 4.6 LX with the exact same kit as yours.
Same color as well!!!
I bought mine like that from the dealership here, they did 5 of them i think and put special edition decals on them right by the V8 emblem. Looks sharp. I never knew what brand they were and now I do. thanks!
I just broke the front effect on mine on a road trip and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to repair it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts