TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't save the pictures from the write up that Frankencougie put on modulardepot.com. Does anyone have them? I will be swapping an '02 GT transmission in soon and want to make sure that I understand what needs to be done re-pinning the connector. Thanks for any help.

Russell

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a pdf file of a write up on the pinning of the 94-97 4r70w and 98+ 4r70w....but I don't know how to get it to you. I found it, theres another that I cross referenced to be sure and it matched. I am trying to finish a swap from an 01 mustang base.

www.personal.psu.edu/tfg112/tbird/article/swap1.pdf

Hope that helps. Scroll down and it will show you the two drawings from the different years.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dusty and fl96thunderbird. So I just need to repin the connector and put my old MLPS and TCC on the new transmission? I just want to make sure I have everything straight before I jump into it.

Russell

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
That is what I think. You might want to get Darrin's opinion.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just go over the articles, the whole mlps lever inside the tranny, not just the sensor outside. I thought it was just the piece outside but Darrin informed me of the whole assembly needing to be transferred. Hope you have better luck than I am.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been over the articles but I can do things better when I am under the car looking at the whole thing. I know I have to put my VSS in there as well. I PM'ed Darrin, so hopefully he can clear up anything that needs to be addressed.

Russell

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you need better pics, let me know while I have the bird in the air. I can email them to you and you can print them, or I can put them on photobucket and send you a link. I have a 3.8 but I would think parts would like very simular if not alike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts