TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever watch the TV show Pinks that is on Speed Vision. They taped the first 3 episodes for season 2 at MIR in Maryland. Went up to watch it and it was intresting. First, Firebird vs some import. Next we had two race bikes. The 3rd show was two Mustangs, that episode had a lot of drama and will make for good TV.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i hate that snow, why arne't they timed races its so stupid, you negotiate how many car lengths you win by, i was excited when i first saw the promos for it, but when i started watching it i was like what the hell is this

·
Registered
598 Posts
FastBird232 said:
...or just get two cars that are similar enough to go heads-up.
I agree, of course it might be hard when you risk losing your car. I wouldn't go there unless I thought I had the advantage. I saw one they were negotiating around 7 car lengths. If you need that much, you just shouldn't race each other.

No timed runs means the host has to radio down to some guy at the end of the track to say who he thinks won. Yeah, I would put up my project for that :rolleyes:

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They guys with the bikes did run nothing but heads up. The last race with the mustangs one was NA the other had nitrous. For the first race the nitrous stang gave up 7 cars. I was standing right next to that one when it launched and his headlighs came up to my eyeballs and I'm 6'5".

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
First off, when did drag racing for pink slips ever have anything to do with times and headstarts and all of that other BS? I always thought that those kind of races were head to head and whoever crossed the line first was the winner.

Another lame TV show for the couch racer-wannabe's.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got pissed as hell when the Z28 and the mustang went at it. There was too much drama, which all could have been solved by the trees and times. They kept negotiating distance and lengths. What ever happen to put up or shut up. 1320 has been the agreed distance for degades...PINKS needs to be OVERHAULED...LOL

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Pinks

Pinks is Drag Racing for Drama Queens.

Sorry, I think it's a waste.

I started Drag Racing in 1968 - Heads up and run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
they should change the rules. make the host stand at the 1320 mark and the first car to run him over gets the losers car. ill watch that, f'sho.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The problem is that not many people have a nice car to wager like that. You end up with cars that break down all the time. If they were just racing for a prize, it would be better because you'd see some nice cars instead of crap someone put together over a weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts