TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i could get the pipe diameters for a stock 96 4.6 tbird...

i need to know the before first cats, between first cats and third cat, and from third cat back to mufflers

I want to know what other people have done as far as switching to high flow cats. what brand did you go with and how did you set them up.

Here is my plan... i want to go with a set of high flows cats, gut the third cat and finish it all up with a set of flowmaster 40s.... please give me some input!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shane

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yea go 2.5 in with 2.5 in high flows and flowmasters in the back...most common set up next to di/do magnaflow midmountd with 2.5 all the way. as far as high flows prob Catco or magnaflow

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smitty2919 said:
yea go 2.5 in with 2.5 in high flows and flowmasters in the back...most common set up next to di/do magnaflow midmountd with 2.5 all the way. as far as high flows prob Catco or magnaflow

but here is the problem... there is no shop that will do that around here... they will not delete or replace them with a muffler... trust me i would love to do that but i cant get it done around here... sooo i have to still with stock placement and pipes... i just need to know the stock pipe size so i can order cats and mufflers accordingly..

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
you can go catless as long as you a) get a tune to turn off the rear o2's, or b) get mil eliminators.

oh and hit up the search button there is a ton of info about this.

oh oh, check out the sticky with the exhaust clips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts