TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use stock Cobra pistons for my Mark 8 motor. I am not building a monster, so I don't really need a 500 dollar set of pistons. Any suggestions?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
teeshoobie said:
Can I use stock Cobra pistons for my Mark 8 motor. I am not building a monster, so I don't really need a 500 dollar set of pistons. Any suggestions?
Yes,that would be the same pistons that are in the mark motor anyway.
JL

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i thouhgt the mark 8 ones are just regular cast ones and the cobra has better forged ones?......it said somthing like that in the tech article.....so idk

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
JoeyICU said:
i thouhgt the mark 8 ones are just regular cast ones and the cobra has better forged ones?......it said somthing like that in the tech article.....so idk
No,only the '03 Cobra has forged pistons-the rest of them are the exact same pistons as the Mark VIII.
JL

·
Registered
247 Posts
Aaarrrrr yee matey, both cars use the same pistons. You might want to go aftermarket anyway just to get a piston with a lower top ring but that's purely up to you since a stock motor doesn't know what pistons are in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had thought about going that route myself using the 03 Cobra Pistons a talked to the local dealer this has been about 5 months ago.. $500.00 a piece... lol aftermarket hear I come :zraped:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts