TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pulling my engine without tranny so it looks like I won't have room for the bellhousing bolts, what else can I use near the rear?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
How will you not have room? Those are about the only bolts you can use. On all the engines Iv pulled, It makes everything easier when you remove the intake.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how will I be able to seperate the trans and angine enough in the car to use the bell bolts to lift the engine?

Doesn't look to me like there is room.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thread the bolt in front the valley of the block. Like you were putting them in backwards.

Iv also found that it works better if you jack the transmission bellhousing up while you lift the engine up. Otherwise, once the engine mounts clear the K-member, the transmission will just fall a few inch and land on the jack.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Yep, I put a bolt in each head. Also removing the intake first will make it a lot easier to remove and replace the top 2 bellhousing bolts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackTbird96 said:
Thread the bolt in front the valley of the block. Like you were putting them in backwards.

brilliant sir!

Thanks for the help guys, not a mechanical newbie, just my first time pulling the entire engine :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts