TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the idea of spraying some nitrous on the track just to cool down the air temp going to the engine, but I was not sure as to what size jet to use. After talking too several guys here, they recommended a 25 shot which I think it's fine.

Now, I decided to buy the parts separately instead of buying the whole kit, which I think I could save a few hundred bucks here and there.

(1) Super Powershot Nitrous Solenoids, nitrous flow of up to 175 HP with a low 8.6 amp draw. Utilizes 1/8'' inlet and outlet NPT threads. Item
#NO.16020.

(1) Super Powershot Fuel Solenoid, fuel flow rate of up to 200 HP at 6 p.s.i. Draws only 0.6 amps and features 1/8'' inlet and outlet item # NO.16080.

(1) 10-14 foot of Stainless Steel Nitrous Hose

(1) NX Carbon Fiber nitrous toggle switch

I was looking at the 05116NOS kit for reference.. I Know I am missing the following:

1. Bottle
2. Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
3. WOT Switch
4. 25, 50 jets
5. Relays and fuses
6. RPM Chip

What else am I missing?! Also, could I use does part numbers and listed on the NOS website and use them for my kit?! Sorry for the newb questions guys, still learning as I go..

Much help is needed and greatly apprecited..

Israel

·
Registered
836 Posts
dry kit or wet kit? I thought you mentioned dry. I think thats all the parts you need. You might want a bottle heater but may not be necessary.

I can take a pic of my dry zex kit if you want that for reference?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dry kit or wet kit? I thought you mentioned dry. I think thats all the parts you need. You might want a bottle heater but may not be necessary.

I can take a pic of my dry zex kit if you want that for reference?

Yes please. that would help a lot.. So it would not be a problem if I buy the parts for the mustang kit right?!

·
Registered
836 Posts
it shouldnt be. Im using zex but its the mustang kit so i really dont think it will matter. Give me a day or two on the pics. Gotta find the box.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Instead or using the micro switch, can I just use a button so I can spray whenever the hell I Want?!?!

·
Registered
836 Posts
you want the micro switch. If im correct then that is what senses wide open throttle. You can put a push button on the positive wire and then make it so it is push button only. I dont recommend it though. I would think tuning would be a little harder since you never know when your going to hit it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok make sense. So the wiring I posted is the one I will follow on my car, correct?!

·
Registered
836 Posts
yes just follow that schematic. Looking at that your piecing together a wet kit. Its quite simple.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I thought it was a dry kit, but I guess I'll stay with the wet kit. Thanks man!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts