TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at the junkyard today and i looked through a early model MN12's manual and happened upon an Uncut Ford Credit Card Emergency Key. i went to a key shop and they cut it to match my ford key for free. it fits nicely in my wallet and will unlock the door in the event i lock the keys in there.

If you happen to find one, pick it up they're hand.

Does anyone know more about these? What years did they come with?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They are handy, I've had one. Used to be able to buy them from Wal-mart to fit almost any brand. I wouldn't use one on a regular basis, but they are great if you get locked out!

·
Registered
386 Posts
any pix of these? I've never seen them before...they could come in handy !

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They may still be available at hardware stores and locksmiths. Picture a credit card with a Key shaped stencil in the middle. it is connected to the "card" at the head of the key by flexible plastic so you can bend it out of the rectangle and fit it into the lock.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
trife86 said:
that sounds awsome id love to see one. but my car got keyless entry if i lock my keys inside :)
Gotta love those numbers above the door handle eh? :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
For about a buck and a half at any hardware store you can have a sturdy metal key made that will fit in your wallet. I keep extras for all my vehicles and my house key. Why would you want a flimsy plastic one that might break?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The plastic ones have a metal insert inside them that prevents them from breaking I believe.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wow...thats pretty cool. I have keyless entry on my 89 and the 94 has that and the remote, but im trying to see if I get an 87 Turbo Coupe which doesnt have keyless entry...so having an extra space-saving key is a must! I have lost count of how many times i've let my keys inside the car. I dont worry about it b/c of the keyless entry...but if I get the 87 I can just see it happening.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yep my car came with a red plastic key card... but the keyless entry pad is also a nice feature. When the pad died on me a year back, I used that key more times than I can remember.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I think they are posted on a sticker somewhere in the trunk aren't they? Not really sure where, but I want to say on the inside of the decklid. :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
the numbers for your keyless door code are on a sticker on either one of the support arms for the trunk deck lid.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
BigSteve1967 said:
the numbers for your keyless door code are on a sticker on either one of the support arms for the trunk deck lid.
And if the sticker is gone, pull the trunk carpet back enough on the driver's side you can remove the big plastic box the fuel cutoff switch is mounted to. The Keyless entry module is inside there and has the code printed on its label.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just keep a spare door key in my wallet, costs like a buck to make and fits fine in front of my credit card type stuff, saved my *** at 2 AM in a pretty bad area of south seattle before, well, didnt really save my ***, but it would have been a ****ty place to have to sit for a couple hours and wait for a locksmith to come by, the only problem is because of the alarm system, my car wont start unless you hit the remote on my keychain, and if i straight up lose my keys, that means i could get in the car, but couldnt really start it up (unless i got lucky and it decides it wants to), come to think of it, i lost that key when someone stole the money out of my wallet at a show, i gotta make a new one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts