TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used to participate in a thread a while back on another forum where longstanding members would giveaway bits of stuff they didn't need/want anymore. The giver would state their terms (ex: do they want shipping for not) but underlying idea is that the recipient would "Play it Forward" and offer something else they didn't need/want anymore. Its a nice way to have round robin gifting within a community. I'm sure i could put this on CL but I don't want to deal with crazies who want my to deliver this stuff (yeah, someone asked me once to deliver something I was giving away for free. Another wanted me to hold it for 3 weeks) and all sorts of other BS.

Anyway, here are some things I have that don't need anymore.
My terms:
* Must be a longstanding member of TCCOA - call it 50 posts (just like the For Sale section) or >1 year old acct
* You don't need to get something to give something. Everyone has something around their house that might be vaguely auto/tbird related, probably has some value, but not necessarily to them and (let's be honest) not really worth selling.
* First PM gets it.

Without further adieu, here's the stuff I want to Play it Forward

18650 LION Charger - FREE SHIPPING WITHIN CONTINENTAL US
* 18650 are the standard laptop battery cells. They have since been used for some FANTASTIC headlamps (what I use to work on my tbird and camping). Example I use (that is like daylight infront of my head). https://www.ebay.com/itm/222168661345 (NOT INCLUDED)
* I have since upgraded to a fancier charger that tells me exactly how many mA its charging with instead of an idiot light that cuts off at a certain voltage.
* It's simple. I got this one a few years ago and it hasn't burned down my house.

Sharper Image 270Degree HD Video DashCam with Display. - GONE to Kevin8989
* Got it as a white elephant
* Full disclosure: I'm pretty sure its 720p
* Suction cup and cig power adapter included. No SD card.
* Need a camera for another car but dont want to spend real money for a proper dashcam? Here's your solution.

90-93 Ford 5.0 EGR Tube - GONE to RalphP
* I don't need it. I cut up one of these EGR tubes to make blocks for my E7 head EGR.
* My GT40 heads have EGR in a different spot so I fixed it a different way

I'll put up my extra RockAuto magnets as well if someone wants those.
Regards,
-g

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
That's not the EGR tube, that's the Thermactor tube.

But PM me - I'd like it for Ruby's rebuild.

RwP

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dashcam -> Kevin8989
Thermareactor tube -> RalphP

Because of some work travel, I will get these out no later than next Fri (if I can't get them out this weekend).

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
Can I have dash cam?
For some reason, my brain responds "Can I Haz Cheeseburger?" When I read this.

Sorry; Carry on. :)

This is really nice of you, S4Gunn!

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
Thanks, S4Gunn!

A spare tube will be appreciated as I do the new motor for Ruby!

RwP

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks Gun for that, much appreciated. That was funny Grog6, where do you find that. Its cute and funny at the same time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok I found some stuff if someone wants it let me know. Drum brake kit, ash trays, valve cover gasket for 3.8, tranny mount 3.8 with AOD, ASC 89-92 moonroof motor and reservoir tank without level sensor hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I haven't see this thread take off yet but I wanted to highlight that the 18650 charger is still available. If you guys haven't switched to these LION cells for your headlamps, you folks really should. Its like having a giant spotlight on your forehead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts