TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right well I’ve been searching all over and with no luck. My dilemma as of right now is my ps2 games are very few, and pretty much all very similar. The games I have right now are

GTA: San Andreas
Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero (came out in early 01, think need for speed with out all the fagness)
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 3 (only had this to hold me over till 4 came out)

My issue is I want to do something other then drive cars, I do it every day, I drive my own car every day, I work on cars every day, I go to school I study cars, when I hang out with certain friends, we work on/talk about CARS. Its getting to be a bit much, id like to get some different games, but games that are like extraordinary, better then a lot of other games out there, I'm picky and my time is precious I don’t have a lot of video game time, but when I do have the time, I want a sweet experience, can anyone help me?

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
SOCOM & SOCOM 2... both are online playable free. Socom 1 has a bunch of cheaters, but socom 2 has better game play and a little lag.

edit: just a word of caution, socom and socom 2 can be very addictive if playing online. a few years ago when socom first came out, I would be online from when i got home from work till i fell asleep. that equated to in excess of 40 hours a week on the game, plus the 40 hours a week at work...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about trying out socom, i dislike the metal gear series, i like a fast pace kind of game, i was for sale used i may go to the mall and buy it, but other then that any of suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
if you get socom, get a USB headset also... makes a difference. you can talk to your team

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive never been an RPG kinda guy, i always am wishing im controling the charecter in real time, and that i can have him fighting his enemy not having him "Attack" and going by turns, its just not me, i dont know, i rember PSX games seeming so much cooler then ps2 games seem, maybe its just because im older it sucks, i wanna be 12 years old again, geting excited about SNES

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Socom II - the only reason I bought a ps2.
I've played the first mission on single player, but that is it. The only thing I play is online, and you pretty much have to have a headset to play online.
You'll love it and hate it though, so watch out :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
GT4 is the best PS2 game ever. if u got the logitech streering wheel it makes it even better. ive been playin that game for a bout 3 months now and im still not even done with it. it seems liek it never ends

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
ok.

The only games I like is Driving Games :), however I have heard socom is the only other good game. But For those says GT4 is the best, I think it sucks. I would be happy to sell my for the whole $5 its worth.

I like Midnight Dub , and Burnout 3, will be getting B4 and the other Burnout game for the PSP.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats wrong with GT4 i think its great, minus the faggy aspec points its a hoot, granted its alot harder then it use to be but the looks and feel of it are premo

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
FWIW, modified one of my controllers for Socom2 - R3 no longer is reload :cool: Got a new switch I added that reloads now. Not having to worry about hitting reload in a gun fight is nice. I was kicking *** last night.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I haven't played socom 2 in months... i broke the mic and the game was just boring at that point...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I like Tekken 4&5 are both good. Fight Night Round 2 is an awesome boxing game. Prince of Persia, and Madden games look good but didnt get a chance to play.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You've already shot down RPGs.. but I'll put two out there..
Star Ocean2 (PS1) and Star Ocean3 (PS2).. both are a lot alike.. but even more different. They do implement a real-time battle system of sorts.. you move your character.. you attack with your character.. the rest of the party does their own thing as the AI let's them, unless you switch to the other characters and control them. It's a bit wierd, but I like the battle system.. you have a closed field that you can freely run around in. A note though.. SO3 is long.. very long.. I had 75hrs before I beat it (though, I like to be thorough).. and then it unlocked a lot stuff that you couldn't get until you beat it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts