TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to give a big thanks to everyone in this forum, its great to have such a helpfull community. I recently bought a 92 tbird 5.0 ho and this forum was a huge help when i went to rebuild the front end, but now im working on the rear, and im stumped. im not a big suspension guy but it doesnt hurt to learn, and ive never had any issues with rear suspension parts in the past. I bought the car for 300 amd im already about 1200 into it. Anyways the part im needing is pictured below. Its basically rusted through. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
8,220 Posts
It's called a REAR SUB FRAME STABILIZER BRACKET. It's still available, right side and left side. There are 4 in all, are they all rusted out like that?

Bad news is, the bolts attaching it to the frame can be almost impossible to get out.

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the info, well if i can get it off i imagine ill have to replace the bolts, wonder what the part number on those is. If i cant get the bolts off then maybe i can put a jack on it and have it welded or is that a bad idea? How important is this piece? Maybe i should spray the underneith woth some under coat, its all rusted luckily this is the only piece thats rusted all the way through.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anywhere near Oregon? I have a complete rear end on a 92 5.0 that I won't need. Begin parting it in the next few months (I just want the 5.0 and stuff for a project). Could make a deal for sure if you were close enough...

·
Administrator
8,220 Posts
Only problem with that is, you still have to unbolt your old one from the car.

Joe

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I can get bolts if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts