1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Obviously I don't know the exact car Don but without a doubt in my mind that is not a lincoln - looks to be a crown vic or a merc sable due to the rims on it (pic is fuzzy) but it looks like it has the Merc alum rims on it.

Edit : I meant merc marquis (sorry percocet kicked in at time of post)

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Rob thinks it's a 94 or 95 Crown Vic.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking 1996 because from what I've seen a 1995 has the license plate below the tail lights instead of between then.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
It is a 95-97 crown vic. The 92-94 vic had the tail lights in the quarters and only a reflector on the trunk, like this
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042942/1994-ford-crown-victoria

For 1995-97, there were also tail lights on the trunk like this
http://sacramento.olx.com/2-1996-ford-crown-victoria-sedan-s-4d-for-sale-2-1996-crown-vic-s-4600-roseville-iid-12576013

Also regarding the comment about the "rims", those are actually hubcaps for the steel wheels, which are the same as the ones in the second picture.

Good luck catching them!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Forward the ad to the investigating officer. Maybe he will have the ability to subpoena craigslist's records and track down who posted the ad.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Don, that pinstripe is a dead giveaway man, I agree forward that to the cops. They will have to investigate it further.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a parts guy in a Ford dealership. I looked up the tail lights and wheel covers for this car. The tail lights were used on 92-94 Crown Vics and the wheel covers were used on a range of 89-97 on lower end Crown Vics. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's the same car

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a crown vic

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well I just sent an email to them, so let's see if they respond. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will. If that happens Don, Me, Barry, and You? can go and say hi to these nice people lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts