TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I know this should be in the PC section but I need help fast. =) Ill make this short and sweet: My gf's dad bought Medal of Honor: Allied assault, with spearhead expansion, and It goes to load and it has an error: GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I think it has something to do with the Video Card driver? I've tried dl'ing drivers, but no luck. The Video Card is a ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra GL AGP.... can someone please help me fix this problem... this computer has the most up to date Direct X also... someone please help!

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone please? Can someone find me this driver? The Video Card is 32mb. The computer is a 2.0 ghz P4. Pleeeasee... =(

·
Registered
197 Posts
You don't need DirectX - MoH:AA uses OpenGL to do all the nitty gritty display work. If I'm not mistaken, the OpenGL driver *should* have come with the card on it's driver disk. If that fails, hit up the ATI website (haven't got the addy handy but I figure www.ati.com or something), and download the newest set of drivers for your card.

That's about the best I can get you.

Might I also suggest upgrading the video card ;) 32Mb will run MoH:AA but don't even try to get any recent games on it.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys. This isn't my computer, its my gf's parents.. I told them I would upgrade it to a 64mb or higher, but thats the last option if I cant find the driver. I did try ATI's site, and that driver didn't work. Thanks guys =)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I'm not sure if that card will run OpenGL. That's an ancient card for that new of a PC. You can get a GF4MX 64MB for under $50 and a 128MB for under $80. Just go buy one.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Sir William said:
I'm not sure if that card will run OpenGL. That's an ancient card for that new of a PC. You can get a GF4MX 64MB for under $50 and a 128MB for under $80. Just go buy one.

:zwthstpd: You need to change card bro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts