TCCoA Forums banner

Please help w/ diagnosis

703 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HanMan 
#1 ·
Ok, y'all have seen about my tranny troubles. The other day, car acted like it was shifting down instead of up, chirped tires. Next light, i couldn't get over 20. Last night, I went to try and drive the bird to the tranny shop, and I had no trouble with it at all. I checked the fluid the other day when it acted up, and it was fine, had good color, no burnt odor. The only difference is that last night, of course, the car was cold. Oh, also worth mentioning, when I couldn't get the car over 20, it was whining, sounded like a belt, but it quit in about 30 seconds. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I may have posted this before ( i think i did) but it happened to my bros charger. Same thing. They never really did tell us what was wrong with it just that it needed to be rebuilt (what a supprise) Neway his tranny had been leaking oil and he wasn't refilling it, so i suspect he burned up all the clutches. Could be the case with yours. As far as the belt noise, he had the same thing. After all this on the way to school, he puts it into reverse and hears this belt like noise. As if a belt is dragging on the chassis. I have no idea what it is, but it didn't sounds good for sure. Good luck and I hope you dont need a new tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.