TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've apologized many times for what I did, I want a second chance please and will do anything for it. my car will not live until I can get help from the professionals and that’s you guys.

I will apologize again, I'm sorry for any that I've done wrong to by insulting and it wont happen again. I want to start fresh over (in a way) and act decent this time.

Please?

----
My car keeps stalling when I hit the AC on/off while in drive and it’s at idle, I just bought a new battery today, put fuel cleaner in there (Chevron w/ Techron) yesterday, so I'm stumped.

I haven’t cleaned the MAF ever, nor the air filter, maybe that's doing it? Or maybe a vacuum hose (something my dad was talking about) is messed up? How do I tell?

Thanks,
Eric M. Pelezo

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Start with the simple things and work your way up the price chart.

1. Is the Check Engine Light on ?

2. It could possibly be a dirty IAC valve. It can be cleaned, but Ford advises replacing them only. They can be bought for around $55. Not too hard to swap out, and if you have small hands (I don't) it's even easier.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rolling-Thunder said:
Start with the simple things and work your way up the price chart.

1. Is the Check Engine Light on ?

2. It could possibly be a dirty IAC valve. It can be cleaned, but Ford advises replacing them only. They can be bought for around $55. Not too hard to swap out, and if you have small hands (I don't) it's even easier.
Well,

The check engine light was always on, we never got (well he) the codes checked and it finally burnt out.

I have no earthly idea what an IAC valve is, I'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
There are places that will scan the codes for free, like AutoZone.

Start there. Write the codes down and post them here.

Also

A really dirty air filter, or even worn spark plugs may be the problem.

If you have some money to spend, give the car a tune up.

Plugs, filters, oil, etc.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rolling-Thunder said:
There are places that will scan the codes for free, like AutoZone.

Start there. Write the codes down and post them here.

Also

A really dirty air filter, or even worn spark plugs may be the problem.

If you have some money to spend, give the car a tune up.

Plugs, filters, oil, etc.

In the past month I have done the following to the car (engine wise):

1) Added Oil
2) Replaced Spark Plugs (And Wires)
3) Used Fuel Cleaner
4) Added Gas (87, I would prefer to use 93 as I'm sure it helps a lot but it’s bad to mix them right?)
5) Put in a new battery

Now I'm going to go get my Haynes book and investigate into the IAC valve more.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So,

I'm looking in my haynes book, and I dont see anything about an IAC valve, only been looking for about 3 minutes though.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
sorry to hear about your problem, a few months ago i had a similar problem with my 91 taurus, it didn't matter what gear i was in, but if the car was running and i tried to put on the AC as soon as the compressor kicked in the car died. after i looked at everything i could think of i found an electrical connection comming off of my ECM had been dirtied and soaked with power steering fluid, so i cleaned it out and covcered it with electrical tape and bam problem solved also corrected a check engne light i had. hope your problem is easier. good luck. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
That's why a lot of people throw out their Haynes or Chilton manual.

If you follow the black plastic tube that is attached to the intake tube just in front of the throttle body, the other end of it is attached to the IAC valve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts