TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP ME i HAVE A 97 XR7 3.8 AND MY A/C CLUTCH WENT OUT,SO I NEED A NEW BELT MINUS THE A/C BUT CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE?ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
so you would like to do an A/C Delete? You can get another compressor, and install that without a problem...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Or you should be able just to replace the A/C clutch, I know that Autozone carries them, maybe check there if you got one locally.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
If it's not completely seized (that is, the pulley will just freewheel when the compressor isn't engaged) you could just unplug the compressor.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There will not be a listing in any parts stores for a belt that bypasses the AC. The best way (six years working in a parts store), remove the old belt, and run a string around the pulleys in a configuration that is going to work, and turn all the stuff in the right direction. Measure the string, and let the parts store that you need a six groove belt X number of inches long.

That should get you the right length belt, but I would imagine that there will be some difficulty running it properly.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Have you tried to jump the compressor to see if it is siezed???Should be a low pressure cut off switch. You can jump with a paper clip.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts