TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, there is a 1994 (I think) Thunderbird Super Coupe that I have been eye-balling for a long time. I once asked my son-in-law to talk to the guy and he said the guy wouldn't sell it - that was about two years ago.

I know this car has been here for AT LEAST 5 years. What would you offer on this vehicle? I'm thinking it's been long enough now that the guy may part with it. My boss at work has been after me forever to buy this car, build a great engine and drop in it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Is it a 5 speed or auto? Judging from the back, it's an 89-91.

If it's not running, I'm guessing between 3-500.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I see the tail light thing. So what would you offer for it? I think the guy said it's a 5-speed to the son-in-law.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
As it sits, I wouldn't offer much. Especially if it's been sitting for a long time. Which looking at the picture, I'm going to say it has. Who knows what you'll have to fix to get it back on the road.

I would probably offer $500 and not move much higher. If it runs, and runs well, maybe up to $800 - especially if it just needed a good cleaning. But SC's can be had for cheap so don't be disappointed if you can't pick this one up.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
She just needs some loving. Its sad to see it sit there and rot :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
It looks fairly solid, gotta remember that its parked for some reason. I think something broke and the guy hasnt had the motivation to fix it. Id offer the guy a solid 500 bucks for it, depending on the interior condition/options maybe more

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Looks solid? You can't see the rockers because of the ground effects and many of these cars leak at the cowl which rots the passenger side floor when they sit for a long time.

I would consider it nothing more than a parts car. $200-250 at most.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I definitly agree its a parts car. It has been sitting a VERY long time

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Running? $500. Not running? $300 or less, depending on condition.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Judging by condition from picture and the fact its been sitting for 5+ years i would say 250-500 if it runs and drives and has a mint inside and out just needs to be clean 750-1500 but that car is going to need some work for 5 years i know my brothers camaro did after sitting for that long.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Judging by condition from picture and the fact its been sitting for 5+ years i would say 250-500 if it runs and drives and has a mint inside and out just needs to be clean 750-1500 but that car is going to need some work for 5 years i know my brothers camaro did after sitting for that long.
Id say its been there alot longer than 5 yrs

1 - 20 of 38 Posts