TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen this before, i have just replaced a set of wires on my bird and went to see if the miss was gone, it "was" until i got on it and then it seemed the miss was back. After limping back i check the wires again. All the wires were finr until i felt under the violin box. My wire was just kind off layin there, huh i checked every wire before putting the box back on. Well i hooked it back up and tried again, damn if it didn't happen again i had done this process three times. I have used di electric grease and it isn't doing anything. Has anyone heard of this kind of problem before?

Please Help!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ive heard of the threads on the spark plug holes starting to strip, and allowing blow by on the upstroke (5.4L heads are notorius for this problem, and any alum head is subject).. forces the boot right off of the plug.. make sure the plug is tightend down completely, but be careful.. if the threads are starting to strip.. you'll help finish them off.. I've heard of some people doing a Helicoil to repair them.. but IMO.. if you have to remove the heads.. now would be a good excuse to put on the PI heads and intake..

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Yeah, if your plug is damaged or not seated properly, it can cause the boot to pop off.

take out the plugs, check the head's threads, and if ok, put the plugs ack in with anti-seize and torque them to spec. dielectric grease on the boot helps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts