TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be changing my plug wires fairly soon. At the moment the ones that go accross the engine go underneath the alternator in the gap between it and the engine.

On the set of wires I had before these I could see that there was some arcing going on under the alternator somewhere, but I couldn't see exactly where because it was so tight on space down there.

Should I route the new wires under the alternator or would I be better to route them over the top of the alternator? If I go over the top will this cause any other problems, ie. clearance to the hood?

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think that looks much neater than the jumble of wires I have going underneath.

Nice 'bird! Very clean.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I have my Ford racing wires going under my Alternator, i think it really cleans up the engine bay, make sure you use looms though or it will look like a rats nest.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The emission rules aren't any worse than in the US. I quite fancy a slightly sportier exhaust, and the inlet without the violin case looks much tidier. I guess you can change your plugs without taking the air intake off too!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have to move the tube over a bit to get to one of the plugs but I can change them all in about 15 minutes if I am in a hurry.

I am running custom 2 1/4 inch down tubes with high flow cats up front. These pipes go into 2 in 1 out Magnaflow muffler which replaced the third cat and resonator. Then its 2 1/2 inch single back to the rear. This splits into the stock location but there are no mufflers in the rear. It sounds very nice. A little rumble but not at all loud and obnoxious.

T

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know they are under the alt on my 94 4.6l Not shure if that is factory or someone else did that. It does have motorcraft wires on it.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
factory it goes under the alt, but you definately want to insulate them a little with some wire covers so they don't chafe and wear holes against the alternator, or you can run them over the top, I find it easier over the top, but neater under. Its all personal preference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts