TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading off to work to work on my car. I have to back flush it and try to unclogg my heater core, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Is there a chemical or anything that would help? I'm also going to change my T-stat cause i think that might be stuck, i think closed, cause I ain't got no heat and my car was over heating, the mustang. I am going to work on it in about 2 hours so any help would be great, thank you all.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Those are all pretty standard symptoms of having air in your cooling system, actually. I really doubt that your heater core is physically plugged up.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wellll ugh.... not sure if this is proper but this is how we get it done in school:
Find the two hoses going to the heater core...one has coolant going towards it, one going the other way. Hook a hose up to one end, and let the water come out the other side. If no water comes out, it's obviously clogged, and put the water hose on the other hose...see if it will get water to come out. Once you get free-flowing water....change the t-stat, if you don't have an alum. crossover...DO NOT TIGHTEN THOSE BOLTS HARD......Metal bolts vs. Plastic intake=Disaster.
Once everything is hooked up.."burp" the system.....take the cap off the reservoir, and squeeze the upper radiator hose hoping to get air out...you should see some bubbles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts