TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have Bosch Platnium Spark plugs in their car? I was told after i put them in that their not made for a 3.8..so now i misses a little bit in park. Tehy were installed last year, would they have done any damage by now?
And how much are power steering pumps?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have used the Bosch Platinums for the last 70k miles in my 89 Cougar with the 3.8. I started to get a miss and replaced them with another set (after 68k miles). These are the Bosch single platinum not the side wire dual or +4 ones. They are cheap, last longer than coppers, and I personally haven't had any problems with them in our 3.8 NA engines.

I paid around 55 bucks for a reman PS pump, but that is gonna vary by store and location unless you go through Dan for a Ford one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm..well..i'm nto real familiar with everybody on this site so i'm nto sure who Dan is lol, i'm thinkin its the PS bc theres a loud mettalic whining noise that comes from the engine when it put it in park..and its not the tranny.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
the platinum plugs are okay, but the copper plugs will perform just as well (for not as long as a platinum).

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
yeah, i got bosch in mine, and haven't had any problems. dan newman is a ford guy, and can get you any ford parts you need. he has his own forum in the marketplace. check your water pump, and ac before you go buy a ps pump though.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
copper's will perform better, but will not last as long. platinum's will last at least twice as long (on average) and give slightly better gas mileage.
-Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts