TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my NPI heads PnP with new valves, comp springs, brass valve guides, and 3 angle valve job.

A brand new set of PI cams will be setting atop the valves and a PI intake on top of the beautifully ported intake ports.
Numbers to follow.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.....i figured id post new threads rather than one giant thread....hehe......well actually a local guy who used to work for ford motorsports racing engines division.....he actually does freelance motor work such as this. I have flows numbers coming and they are comparable to if not better thatn renegade. I am very happy. only cost me 500$

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
:eek: Big claims. ;)

Post up some flow numbers, Im sure you have peaked the curiosity of the group with that statement.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know a lot of peeps talk the talk....no intentions to brag here......just want to share the wealth of knowledge....I'll get the numbers for ya asap.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
can he do another set? if the data backs it up.. i'd rather run local to a guy for $500 rather than ship them up to OH even though Jim the man :D

of course, this means you are obligated to assist in a headswap :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'd be much obliged to help with a head swap....haven't been able to muster much help from others for my head swap though......I'll ask him how busy he is and make sure that the price would still be the same......I had them done last december but haven't been able to do swap until now.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Keep us updated, I think we are all aurious about the flow numbers!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Make sure he tests them with a radius on top, and a 3.55" bore below... you can get higher numbers doing it with the 302cid 4" bore, but that's useless since you'll never see it in a 4.6L.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
loopyj22 said:
yeah i know a lot of peeps talk the talk....no intentions to brag here......just want to share the wealth of knowledge....I'll get the numbers for ya asap.
Loopyj22 old buddy old pal... :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeeeeeees........hows it going?

·
Registered
175 Posts
blown96bird said:
It is quicker to pull the motor than try to do them in the car and much less agravation.
i can definitely attest to that fact....i removed/replaced the heads while the engine was still in......PITMFA.....

·
6,253 Posts
i live for hard times wit ma car yo

i read and read and read and have to follow directions, then hours later say screw it, do what i want, and it works :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the heads are now off and it wasn't that big of a deal.....i just have to buy a new dipstick tube though OOPS

it only took me 12 hours from start to finish for the removal. Thats by myself as well with no air tools. I like a challenge HEHE

·
6,253 Posts
ahh.. see.. 2 sets of hands.. PLUS air tools :D if we do it heh

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
loopyj22 said:
Yeeeeeees........hows it going?
If the numbers are good, your friend might have a lot of customers. hehe $500 is a good deal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Al_Florida said:
If the numbers are good, your friend might have a lot of customers. hehe $500 is a good deal.
Yeah i know....thats why i went with him....beats the 2800 dollar price tag of renegande (not knocking them...great company)

My heads were 1200 with new springs (comp), guides, valve stems seals, 3-angle valve job, magnafluxed, decked, PnP, I supplied my own PI cams and installed the cams. valves are stock size though. but thats good enough for me right now.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jamesD said:
ahh.. see.. 2 sets of hands.. PLUS air tools :D if we do it heh
Yeah it can easily be done in two deays with two peeps and air tools.....just name the place and supply the beer. :D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts